Re: Z - axis movement

Steviebops wrote:

I'll test the fireballs with the UFE chars, see if it  happens to me.

roswell108 wrote:

Fireballs only seems to happen to player 2. The best I could find was that there is an option to mirror the animation for player 2 and it seems like with the inverted x, it is likely as simple as disabling that mirroring. The only problem being there is no mirroring checkbox, so it is likely hardcoded lol.

@Steviebops @roswell108 - Did you manage to figure this out?

Also, great work by the pair of you, I'll be getting a chance shortly to test out what you have done so far.

Thanks.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hello,
sorry for my english i'm a French user of UFE3d.
I am new in coding and i would like to implement your patch on my UFE3d version 1.7.1. Knowing that I had managed with version 1.6.
Is this possible with version 1.7.1 or should i change the code ?

I wait long overdue an update of ufe3d with 3d arena. But it seems that even in the next update (2.0), this will not be the order of the day.

Anyway thank you for your work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This code will not work with v 1.71
It requires some modification. I believe 3d arena is due for v2.0 however

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you for your reply.

But are you sure to v0.2 ? Because on the page Upcoming Features, the 3D arena is not in the list "Coming on UFE 2.x" but in the list "Others (Major Updates)".

http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Check the post on this page...

http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2386#p2386

Thumbs up Thumbs down

106 (edited by addisonadolf00 2016-04-08 07:16:59)

You can move subjects in three headings inside of the casing: on the horizontal (X-axis) and vertical (Y-axis) planes before the camera or moving toward or away (Z-axis) from the camera. The Z-axis is the most intense, and you ought to utilize it sensibly. In Western society, moving from left to right recommends advancing; on the other hand, moving to one side means returning or going down.

php site | php site | php site

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If there is any interest, I would be willing to provide the current version of this code. Im still using it, and updated it to the latest version of UFE.

If anyone is interested, post here, and Ill get on it.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I'm sure there are many of us interested. Personally I'd like an option that permits moves to follow the x axis root anim motion (the z axis in ufe)  and return to zero at the end.  I know that's not what this mod is though, but yes please post away.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Quite interested.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, Ill get on it this weekend.
It shouldn't take long so keep an eye on this thread.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If anyone would like to help me test it, the latest patch is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Pzt … 1Jla3JrRms

Apply it to a project with UFE and XWeaponTrail installed.
If you don't want to use x-weapon, you can just edit out the relevant code.
Once you have the patch applied, add a rigidbody to the camera, with gravity turned off.
On your characters, add the CamPointScript and create an empty as a child of the character prefab. Set the empty to about head-height and then assign it the the Transform in CamPointScript.

In Global config, set the camera options, a height of about 4 works for me. Set camera move speed to how fast you want it, 80 works well.
Got to stage and set the ring radius to how large you want the stage, 16 for example.

If there's any problems post them here.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

If anyone would like to help me test it, the latest patch is here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Pzt … 1Jla3JrRms

Apply it to a project with UFE and XWeaponTrail installed.
If you don't want to use x-weapon, you can just edit out the relevant code.
Once you have the patch applied, add a rigidbody to the camera, with gravity turned off.
On your characters, add the CamPointScript and create an empty as a child of the character prefab. Set the empty to about head-height and then assign it the the Transform in CamPointScript.

In Global config, set the camera options, a height of about 4 works for me. Set camera move speed to how fast you want it, 80 works well.
Got to stage and set the ring radius to how large you want the stage, 16 for example.

If there's any problems post them here.

Says I needed permission to access the link, so I requested permission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

113 (edited by Steviebops 2016-03-14 15:25:11)

I thought I had the link set for sharing without permission, could you try again and let me know?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Link works well, now I just have to download some sort of version control program so I can actually patch my project with this to test it.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Good to hear, I use Sourcetree.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

116 (edited by Twrmois 2016-03-14 17:36:07)

Steviebops wrote:

Good to hear, I use Sourcetree.

Yeah I've installed Sourcetree, and when trying to patch on my project, or a brand new UFE project, I get this.

hg import -y --no-commit -p1 -f C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\zAxisPatch.diff
applying C:\Users\Brian\Downloads\zAxisPatch.diff

patching file Assets/UFE/Editor/CharacterEditorWindow.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 4

Hunk #2 FAILED at 484
Hunk #3 FAILED at 663
Hunk #4 FAILED at 689

Hunk #5 FAILED at 701
Hunk #6 FAILED at 747
Hunk #7 FAILED at 909

Hunk #8 FAILED at 965
Hunk #9 FAILED at 984
Hunk #10 FAILED at 995
Hunk #11 FAILED at 1014

11 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Editor/CharacterEditorWindow.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Editor/GlobalEditorWindow.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 6

Hunk #2 FAILED at 177
Hunk #3 FAILED at 198

Hunk #4 FAILED at 219

Hunk #5 FAILED at 240
Hunk #6 FAILED at 298

Hunk #7 FAILED at 383
7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Editor/GlobalEditorWindow.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Editor/MoveEditorWindow.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 4

Hunk #2 FAILED at 425
Hunk #3 FAILED at 444
Hunk #4 FAILED at 456
Hunk #5 FAILED at 467
Hunk #6 FAILED at 478

Hunk #7 FAILED at 490
Hunk #8 FAILED at 500
Hunk #9 FAILED at 724
Hunk #10 FAILED at 735

Hunk #11 FAILED at 935

Hunk #12 FAILED at 945
Hunk #13 FAILED at 2419
Hunk #14 FAILED at 2797
Hunk #15 FAILED at 2986
15 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Editor/MoveEditorWindow.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/CameraScript.cs

Hunk #1 FAILED at 0

1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/CameraScript.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/CharacterInfo.cs

Hunk #1 FAILED at 4

1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/CharacterInfo.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1

Hunk #2 FAILED at 282
Hunk #3 FAILED at 613
Hunk #4 FAILED at 969
Hunk #5 FAILED at 985
Hunk #6 FAILED at 1120
Hunk #7 FAILED at 1139
Hunk #8 FAILED at 1224

Hunk #9 FAILED at 1242
Hunk #10 FAILED at 1458
Hunk #11 FAILED at 1601

Hunk #12 FAILED at 1645
12 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/GlobalInfo.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 579
1 out of 1 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/GlobalInfo.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3
Hunk #2 FAILED at 185
Hunk #3 FAILED at 199
Hunk #4 FAILED at 221
Hunk #5 FAILED at 547
Hunk #6 FAILED at 573
6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveInfo.cs

Hunk #1 FAILED at 37

Hunk #2 FAILED at 65
Hunk #3 FAILED at 128
Hunk #4 FAILED at 179
Hunk #5 FAILED at 369
Hunk #6 FAILED at 425
Hunk #7 FAILED at 667
Hunk #8 FAILED at 741
Hunk #9 FAILED at 805
9 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveInfo.cs.rej
patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveSetScript.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 46

Hunk #2 FAILED at 57
Hunk #3 FAILED at 94
Hunk #4 FAILED at 321
Hunk #5 FAILED at 345
Hunk #6 FAILED at 665
6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/MoveSetScript.cs.rej

patching file Assets/UFE/Scripts/PhysicsScript.cs
Hunk #1 FAILED at 0
Hunk #2 FAILED at 158
Hunk #3 FAILED at 430
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Assets/UFE/Scripts/PhysicsScript.cs.rej

skipping unreadable ignore file '': invalid mode ('r') or filename
abort: patch failed to apply

Completed with errors, see above.

EDIT: Made an error. my mistake, first time using Sourcetree hmm got it to work shortly after posting that message

Thumbs up Thumbs down

117 (edited by Steviebops 2016-03-15 07:38:35)

Is everything functioning ok?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

Is everything functioning ok?

Works well for the most part, only issues I'm having is

-Having to go through my moves to edit their hitboxes and such so that they actually connect and hit the opponent at legitimate distances

-falling off the stage

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Im afraid fixing the hitboxes is an unavoidable chore if you're using an offset with them. If you're using the default auto-setup, ther shouldn't be any problems.
As for the stage, maybe try scaling up the plane used for the ground. It sounds like the radius you are using for the stage is larger than the ground plane.
Let me know how you get on. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

120 (edited by Twrmois 2016-03-17 20:40:31)

Steviebops wrote:

Im afraid fixing the hitboxes is an unavoidable chore if you're using an offset with them. If you're using the default auto-setup, ther shouldn't be any problems.
As for the stage, maybe try scaling up the plane used for the ground. It sounds like the radius you are using for the stage is larger than the ground plane.
Let me know how you get on. smile

Working quite well after some edits

EDIT: How can I disable the automatic blocking that seems to have been added after I applied the patch? It seems to block things at sheer random when the enemy isn't moving, even though my game is set to have a dedicated block button

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Seems to be an error in code.
ControlsScript, line 720,   potentialBlock = true; is in there twice, delete the second one and it should be ok.

I'll update the patch file, but as that's the only change, you would be quicker adding it yourself.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

ControlsScript, line 720,   potentialBlock = true; is in there twice, delete the second one and it should be ok.

I'll update the patch file, but as that's the only change, you would be quicker adding it yourself.

I'll make the edits and see how it goes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

Oh sorry I forgot to let you know how the manual patching went!

After fixing that blocking bug, the rest of the script works very well. I used move files to create sidestepping similar to the Tekken series, and making some general edits to my moves and inputs for said moves.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Good to hear smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Something that took me a while to notice (well, I seen it for a while and it was stressing me out because I couldn't figure out the source of the problem until now), was that if you have a move of some sort and it has a X force applied on hit, it seems to work differently.

More specifically:
In traditional UFE, a number e.g. 5 on the X axis would push the opponent with "5" force on hit, and a number of -5 would "pull" the opponent toward the attacker.

In your mod, a number e.g. 5 on the X axis would push the opponent to the right REGARDLESS of positioning, and a number of -5 would "pull" the opponent, etc.

This causes things such as a uppercut knocking an opponent upward and away when facing to the right(P1), but if you are facing left (P2), it makes the uppercut pull the opponent toward them or even over them.

Thumbs up Thumbs down