26 (edited by christougher 2016-01-23 23:15:15)

Re: UFE 1.7 Official Release Notes

Working buttery smooth on my LG G4.  smile

Edit... mostly buttery smooth, hitting return to stage selection after losing to a rather relentless Robot Kyle sent me to a dark screen.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mistermind wrote:
mayureshete wrote:

Still Getting stuck.. sad

mbhagat wrote:

Hello,

I have tried on Moto G with 4.4.2 and HTC with 5.0

Both shows black screen after unity Splash so might not the device issue but something is missing.

Android build updated (again). Try again, see if it works.

Its Working Now.. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

christougher wrote:

Edit... mostly buttery smooth, hitting return to stage selection after losing to a rather relentless Robot Kyle sent me to a dark screen.

Same In one of my game this happened, also Played between android phone and desktop, the game went little out of sync, the round ended in one game with last hit on android and on PC the round was still on with some health remaining.

also the network worked when i hosted game on android, when I hosted on Computer I was not able to join game from android cause I was unable to change IP address correctly. the android device was not accepting "." input . Also Copy Pasting IP address wont work.

Please someone confirm this...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mayureshete wrote:
christougher wrote:

Same In one of my game this happened, also Played between android phone and desktop, the game went little out of sync, the round ended in one game with last hit on android and on PC the round was still on with some health remaining.

also the network worked when i hosted game on android, when I hosted on Computer I was not able to join game from android cause I was unable to change IP address correctly. the android device was not accepting "." input . Also Copy Pasting IP address wont work.

Please someone confirm this...

I confirm Mayur experience.
I can not play with two android devices as IP can not be entered with . and can not be pasted.

I think in manifest there should be way to provide general qwerty key board or numeric keyboard with  special symbols.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

christougher wrote:

Yeah I noticed too. So far no luck finding a solution. It seems to randomly freeze during screen transitions and only on Android. Started happening on Unity 5.3. I'll let you guys know if I find a solution.

mayureshete wrote:

It's probably an aspect ratio problem. Make sure both platforms are in a fixed aspect ratio of the same size.

mayureshete wrote:

Sorry about that. It was a case of outdated file. I just uploaded a fix, should be working now.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

How did u get the network running

Thumbs up Thumbs down

32 (edited by mayureshete 2016-01-24 04:09:48)

diesonblack22 wrote:

How did u get the network running

My android phone is connected to PC through wifi. 2 phone on same wifi network will work, or try connecting two android phones through wifi direct*. counting both phones are wifi direct compatible.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm using pc build would it be the same for that stand alone application

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yes 2 PC on same network will work wifi or LAN

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok how do I set it up do I have to edit script I'm at a lose please show me wat I need to do

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mistermind wrote:

mayureshete wrote:

Sorry about that. It was a case of outdated file. I just uploaded a fix, should be working now.

Resolved

Thumbs up Thumbs down

37 (edited by mbhagat 2016-01-24 07:09:08)

Really nice feature and almost working.

I felt one issue.

In second round of the game one device shows match finished and declared winner and another one is still able to play the remaining match.

There is some problem I guess.

I do not know how to attach image in this forum so not attaching.

I have taken screen shot though and can send any time if required.

Edit:
Please also check for pause button if it should work .

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,

How much it will be easy to find game in same network instead of entering ip?

Will it be possible through programming?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mbhagat wrote:

I felt one issue.

In second round of the game one device shows match finished and declared winner and another one is still able to play the remaining match.

Edit:

That's a desync. Like MMind stated, you could make sure you and your opponent are playing at the same aspect ratio (when I'm testing I usually have both playing at a aspect ratio of 16:9). A way to prevent the game from playing after a desync is in the Network Settings tab of the Global Editor you could click "Disconnect on Desync" box.

Also concerning the last part of your message, you (may) be able to code that in yourself in the Source version, although I would heavily disagree with allowing pauses during a online match. Most modern fighting games do not allow this.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:
mbhagat wrote:

I felt one issue.

Edit:

That's a desync. Like MMind stated, you could make sure you and your opponent are playing at the same aspect ratio (when I'm testing I usually have both playing at a aspect ratio of 16:9). A way to prevent the game from playing after a desync is in the Network Settings tab of the Global Editor you could click "Disconnect on Desync" box.

Also concerning the last part of your message, you (may) be able to code that in yourself in the Source version, although I would heavily disagree with allowing pauses during a online match. Most modern fighting games do not allow this.

Hi ,
I felt that issue when I was  running game in two Similar android devices (both have 5 inch displays).

One is Asus Zenfone and One is HTC 820 dual Sim.

I have used hot spot feature and have not checked router.
Will check with router for sure.

For pause its okay as  intention was just to inform.

Any idea about broadcasting game name in network and other can directly join it instead of entering host ip?

Regards,
Mayur.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mbhagat wrote:
Twrmois wrote:
mbhagat wrote:

I felt one issue.

Edit:

Hi ,
I felt that issue when I was  running game in two Similar android devices (both have 5 inch displays).

One is Asus Zenfone and One is HTC 820 dual Sim.

I have used hot spot feature and have not checked router.
Will check with router for sure.

For pause its okay as  intention was just to inform.

Any idea about broadcasting game name in network and other can directly join it instead of entering host ip?

Regards,
Mayur.

Yes you should give it a try with a network router. With mobile hotspot, I have played various mobile games that would eventually desync on their own.

Concerning the last part of your message, you mean like a Match Browser/Server Browser? This is probably something that will be implemented in the UFE 2.0 version of the Network Addon, along with player matchmaking and such.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alrite guys, Android demo fixed and updated. We found the problem in one of the scripts.
Just to make sure this bug doesn't spread out I'm repackaging UFE Bundle and Source.

UFE Bundle approved for the Asset Store

Mistermind wrote:

Alrite guys, Android demo fixed and updated. We found the problem in one of the scripts.
Just to make sure this bug doesn't spread out I'm repackaging UFE Bundle and Source.

Is it about the game going blank randomly...?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello Moderator,
Should we wait for new repackaged bundle for starting implementation?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am using source version.

I have downloaded latest version from unity asset store .

I have installed ufe in unity version 5.3.1 personal edition.

After compiling project for Android I am getting Blank screen.

Am I missing anything?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

But source version aint updated to 1.7 yet

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mayureshete wrote:

But source version aint updated to 1.7 yet

Sorry if I have suggested wrong word.

Its UFE Bundle and it is updated.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/24884

Thumbs up Thumbs down

49 (edited by christougher 2016-01-26 11:06:36)

Yes, this is a known issue.  see Misterminds post #42 above... although I've also got a black screen within Unity on a PC standalone... going into round three remained in a black screen, no errors thrown.  Scene view showed the characters still waiting patiently at the end of round two... only happened once with a few trials.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

He is resubmitting the package, so it will be updated again. may be its 1.7.1 version or whatever MisterMind names it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down