Re: Project Champion

I recently updated to the newest one and I still can2 get my stand up animation to play :-( after knock downs

77 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-10-10 11:38:22)

shubi wrote:

I have the same problem.
I created a kick-move with hit-type set to "High knockdown". "High knockdown" has it's own down-clip and of course a stand-up animation. But the animation stops at the end of the knockdown-animation until the stun-timer is over. Then the character switches to the idle-animation without playing the standup animation. The down-clip and the standup-animation are ignored.

I tried different values for the standup-time in the global config-settings, but that doesn't help-

I just solved the issue! In your force options, if you have a value of 0 on the Y, the engine will think that it is still grounded. I have set my force to something small like .01 but the opponent still flies into the air (which I DON'T like)... I hope there is a way to fix this. I have to use a hit override to make this work sad

KRGraphics wrote:
shubi wrote:

I have the same problem.
I created a kick-move with hit-type set to "High knockdown". "High knockdown" has it's own down-clip and of course a stand-up animation. But the animation stops at the end of the knockdown-animation until the stun-timer is over. Then the character switches to the idle-animation without playing the standup animation. The down-clip and the standup-animation are ignored.

I tried different values for the standup-time in the global config-settings, but that doesn't help-

I just solved the issue! In your force options, if you have a value of 0 on the Y, the engine will think that it is still grounded. I have set my force to something small like .01 but the opponent still flies into the air (which I DON'T like)... I hope there is a way to fix this. I have to use a hit override to make this work sad

What's your charcter's weight set to? The weight value is actually part of the physics system in the game. I.e. if it's a high weight they won't move much.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

79 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-10-10 17:19:08)

MrPonton wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:
shubi wrote:

I have the same problem.

What's your charcter's weight set to? The weight value is actually part of the physics system in the game. I.e. if it's a high weight they won't move much.

Currently it is set to 75... I am using models that are built to the real world measurement... I could lower the weight of the character or lower the global gravity...

Hey guys, I have come across a difficult issue... I am trying to do a move that will change it's properties.

The move I am trying to augment is called "Armour Piercing", which is an unblockable version of the "Five Knuckle Slug" strike which will crumple the opponent... the issue i am running into is they use the same command. The "Five Knuckle Slug" ( Back+Y). The command for Armour Piercing is (HOLD BACK + Y) and it is not executing no matter what I do.

Here is a shot of Armour Piercing...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeha6kydr42w57f/Screenshot%202016-10-11%2000.19.34.png?raw=1

And the settings for Five Knuckle Slug

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngo12gpdh3nwm21/Screenshot%202016-10-11%2000.17.09.png?raw=1

What I am trying to do, is similar to what Jax does in MKXL. Pressing Back+Y does his head hammer... but Pressing Back and HOLDING Y will delay this move and when it connects, it does a ground bounce... hopefully I can get this question answered.

KRGraphics wrote:

Currently it is set to 75... I am using models that are built to the real world measurement... I could lower the weight of the character or lower the global gravity...

If the character is flying into the air at 0.1 then you'd want to increase the character weight, not lower it.

My global gravity is like 0.47 or something, don't have it in front of me, and my character is at 270. A force of 33 is required in their jump in order for them to reach the full height of the viewable screen at that weight.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

82 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-10-10 23:57:24)

MrPonton wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:

If the character is flying into the air at 0.1 then you'd want to increase the character weight, not lower it.

My global gravity is like 0.47 or something, don't have it in front of me, and my character is at 270. A force of 33 is required in their jump in order for them to reach the full height of the viewable screen at that weight.

I am about to change this... this also happens during a launcher too... a lot of animations are probably too fast... I will see if I need to change their timing...

EDIT: 270 is too heavy... my characters are not scaled up 10 times their size...

As far as I know UFE currently only recognizes charging times for the first key pressed. You should also check the "Allow Input Leniency" and set its value to 2(wich will be the amount of keys pressed to trigger the move).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Meractus wrote:

As far as I know UFE currently only recognizes charging times for the first key pressed. You should also check the "Allow Input Leniency" and set its value to 2(wich will be the amount of keys pressed to trigger the move).

This is also similar to Paul Phoenix's Phoenix Smasher in Tekken Tag 2 Back, HOLD BACK +1+2... about to try this now

85 (edited by MrPonton 2016-10-11 17:58:51)

KRGraphics wrote:

EDIT: 270 is too heavy... my characters are not scaled up 10 times their size...

Okay, so you're saying that he no longer flies in the air at 0.1 anymore?

As for your move issue, try changing the Back + Y Five Knuckle to a charge move with a charge timing of 0.16 (1 frame at 60fps).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

86 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-10-11 18:38:59)

MrPonton wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:

Okay, so you're saying that he no longer flies in the air at 0.1 anymore?

As for your move issue, try changing the Back + Y Five Knuckle to a charge move with a charge timing of 0.16 (1 frame at 60fps).

They do unfortunately. And at 270 the jump is too fast. I would hate to rescale all of my assets to accommodate UFE'S physics.

I'll try to changethe inputs on the move... I want Armour Piercing to be a charge move but it interferes with Five Knuckle Slug

What about scaling the fbx in the import settings? Still a pain but doesn't require redoing them in your modeling program.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

christougher wrote:

What about scaling the fbx in the import settings? Still a pain but doesn't require redoing them in your modeling program.

I can try that too, but the reason I'm using real world size is because I'm using cloth simulation at some point. I'll test this when I get home. I put so much work into these levels and characters, don't want my wotk messed up. I also need to find out how to add stage sounds such as for bodies hitting the ground. I'm sure I could have it scripted

Bump. Had anyone figured out the standup animation issue? The only time the stand up animation plays is if I knock the opponent in the air... and I do have a down clip... what could I be doing wrong in my set up

I might be able to take a look at this tonight. Wich version of UFE are you using? PM me if necessary.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Meractus wrote:

I might be able to take a look at this tonight. Wich version of UFE are you using? PM me if necessary.

I'm on UFE 1.8. Also there is this strange issue where if I hot an opponent with a weak jab and they are on their last sliver of health they fly into the air like I blasted them :-(... how can I make it so that they fall down like they fainted or something? I'll post a gif

Here is a gif

http://i.giphy.com/3o7TKxMkPrn05LpeMw.gif

It looks pretty cool!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't like the flying in the air though... also I need to see if I can apple particle effects to the hit animation on my character

Did you canceled the fade out after the round,
Please check out that too,

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ohh so if you don't like to kill the opponent with a air attack make sure to click hit doesn't kill in move editor!,
That should be help

Thumbs up Thumbs down

97 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-10-13 14:22:21)

That is not gonna work. A simple jab should not knockout the opponent that forcibly. Usually they will just fall down. I might have to make an animation of them falling down after a soft hit

Haritha Denuwan wrote:

Did you canceled the fade out after the round,
Please check out that too,

I wanted the fight to feel seamless like in MKX or Killer Instinct

KRGraphics wrote:

Here is a gif

For this case check your default fall down animation. UFE does not have a specific animation for death. I believe you will want to use an animation that looks less like a strong impact or as if the character was being launched in the air.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

100 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-10-13 15:08:30)

Meractus wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:

Here is a gif

For this case check your default fall down animation. UFE does not have a specific animation for death. I believe you will want to use an animation that looks less like a strong impact or as if the character was being launched in the air.

Thank you, this was a clear answer. I'll just use my current fall down animation for the other fall states. And animate a special animation just for this, like the ones in MKXL