Re: Safe to Upgrade to Unity 5.4

My hitboxscript is still broken sad and it is not allowing me to do builds to test...

Bump. I think the hitbox script is causing me to be unable to create builds for my game... is there a fix for it coming

Problem fixed... I had a conflicting script that was messing up my builds... now I can build to my hearts content

Scratch that... I am trying to do a build and it is crashing my game sad

So after running a dev build of my game, I learned that the hitbox script is crashing my game... and a slew of other things

http://pastebin.com/39b8nNrd

Line 72 Internal_Create is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor (or instance field initializer), call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from MonoBehaviour 'HitBoxesScript'.

Whatever this is doing, it is crashing my standalone builds.

31 (edited by chrisb3d 2016-09-27 09:33:28)

I'm getting the same thing. Can't do builds of the game but at least it's running in editor for now. Does UFE 1.8 work without errors in the previous version of Unity?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

32 (edited by chrisb3d 2016-09-28 09:37:22)

It turns out my issue was not updating to UFE 1.8 in Unity 5.4. I thought hitting the update button through the asset store window would update my projects UFE.  oops.

So, I hit import thinking it would update my project to 1.8 and I guess it did but now I have a ton of other errors and my controls don't work anymore. But I don't see that hitbox error anymore. So, I guess I got that going for me.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down