Topic: Invisible Hitboxes?

Hi guys, loving UFE 2. Wondering if anyone could help with what I imagine is a simple issue.
I'm trying to add hitboxes in 3D, and I've followed along with multiple tutorials, but whenever I create one they aren't there. There's no error or anything. I'm guessing I'm creating them but they're scaled to 0 or something, but I can't find anywhere to fix this.
Would love a hand!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Invisible Hitboxes?

The Hitboxes script is probably disabled in your gizmos. Check out this post:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8470#p8470

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Thanks for getting back to me!

It isn't, I'm afraid. It was before, but after I ticked it, they didn't reappear. Is there some way to apply it or something I'm missing?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is there something else? It's driving me insane.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Every time my Scene view hasn't shown hitboxes it's because the Gizmo wasn't set. I haven't experience any other instance of this happening otherwise, especially since all of the draw calls are in the gizmos function.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well bugger, that's a real issue. I've tried reinstalling, using a new project, making sure that gizmo is turned on, but no luck.
I'll have to figure something out. Thanks anyway!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

have you tried viewing some of the hitboxes on the demo characters?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have indeed, it's the same effect. The hitboxes are listed in the character editor, but they don't show in the scene view.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

have you tried starting a new project and importing ufe 2 fresh? hitboxes script should be enabled in gizmos, i assume your tried that already? idk what else it could possibly be. you could try a different unity version, I'm using unity 2019 3.3f1
https://i.imgur.com/mX77XIC.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey all! I fixed it. So I had tried making a new project and reimporting, but it didn't help.
What I had to do to fix it was reset Unity to Factory Default.
Do this by going Window-Layouts-Revert to factory settings.

Thank you all for your help! I wish I could have found out what I did to break it originally, but this fix worked for me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Unity always messes up or corrupts my layout eventually. Thanks for letting the forum know so that someone else can add it as a potential fix.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down