1 (edited by liyan5953wow2 2015-02-28 22:38:27)

Topic: Chain Moves, no Conditions, BUG?

hi guys, here is my set about Chain Moves.
http://i61.tinypic.com/mcxfyp.jpg
In game , after pressing Punch button press button Kick soon, the Punch animation Clip end very quickly.Looks only played a few frames, Is far less than 21 frames, later began to play the Kick animation Clip.
If  check the Ignore Inputs(Auto Execution) option , it will become very obvious.
Is this a bug?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Chain Moves, no Conditions, BUG?

Your screenshot doesn't display properly for me (has some QQ.com banner in chinese).  Can you upload the img to another site, like imgur.com?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sorry about the screentshot, i fixed it now

Thumbs up Thumbs down

From your screen shot, what should be happening is Heavy Kick comes out only after frame 21 if you press the Heavy Kick button.

But your description doesn't sound like that's what is happening, right?

Ignore Inputs means it will auto chain into the next move.  Generally you want that only for Hit Condition on Hit (See Robot Kyle's HeavyKick) or Counter Move, not No Conditions.

I can confirm Chain Moves system works and is not bugged currently.  Can you show a video of what's happening in game?  We can better see what's going on then...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by mayureshete 2015-03-01 00:00:57)

Try setting the frame links to 29-30 frames, i guess its cancelling the animation of the first move too early, it happened to me too, so i did it this way... Hope it works for you too..

Thumbs up Thumbs down

[media]http://youtu.be/U8mBci7mn44[/media]

here is the video. You can see Heavy Kick comes out in  frame 13-15 when i press the Heavy Kick button. But i set the frame links between 19 - 30, it should come out after frame 21.Is it a bug?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You are correct, that is in fact a bug.

The problem lies on how link conditions interact with the Execution Buffer (Advanced Options).

If you use "No Conditions" the system will incorrectly use the frames set on Execution Buffer to expand the frame link window. Instead of buffering the next input, it's expanding the timeline, thus allowing it to be canceled earlier.
I'm taking a look at that part of the code but I haven't found a fix for it yet. For now, either reduce the execution buffer value -or- (recommended) reduce the frame link window to accommodate the buffer value.

Be warn that neither solutions will truly fix the problem, since you won't be able to take advantage of the execution buffer frames.

I'll keep you guys posted on that bug. Also added to the Upcoming Features page.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Thank you for your hard work. You are a really  amazing and very hard-working game developer :)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down