Topic: Can i make 2D players by using sprites and make them fight?

Hi,
I am making a 2D fight game which will use 2D sprites for players. The game will support both single player and multiplayer matches.
I want to know that:-
1. Does UFE 2 supports 2D sprites ? Can i make my players fight via using 2D sprites?
2. I just want to use basic features like punch,kick,throwing some weapon on other player and AI for single player. So can i go with UFE 2 LITE version ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Can i make 2D players by using sprites and make them fight?

2d isnt supported out of box it is completely possible to do .however you need source version for that.

Everything else you want done is possible in lite version.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

There is a very useful tutorial by soonk here:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1309

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I want to know one more thing as i am making multiplayer game.
Does Lite version support multiplayer ?
Basically i want to use gamesparks for this as i need realtime multiplayer support. Does this lite support Gamesparks or how should i make realtime multiplayer.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Local multiplayer yes. For online multiplayer, UFE 2 Standard+

Hi,

Do you mean this one https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t … ard-126331

And  does this suppport Gamesparks or i have to use photon ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hi,

Yes, but only Photon and Unity API. I took a quick look at Gamesparks documentation and although it seems to be a relatively different API, it is totally possible to connect its events to UFE.
I also cant confirm how much

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hi,

Yes, but only Photon and Unity API. I took a quick look at Gamesparks documentation and although its different API, it seems possible to connect its events to UFE.

9 (edited by dheeraj.emilence 2018-11-24 06:03:47)

Hi
Thanx for replying. So if i can use Gamesparks with UFE , Now Do i really need UFE Standard or PRO for online multiplayer.
Can't i just use UFE Lite with Gamesparks ??
Or there is some restriction that Online Multiplayer only runs with Standard or Above

Also i want to know that if i purchase Lite for now can i upgrade for Standard or Pro in discounted price?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/prices

shubi's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hi
Thanx for replying. So if i can use Gamesparks with UFE , Now Do i really need UFE Standard or PRO for online multiplayer.
Can't i just use UFE Lite with Gamesparks ??
Or there is some restriction that Online Multiplayer only runs with Standard or Above

Online Multiplayer only runs on Standard and above. The network service itself (Photon, Unity) is just a part of the whole process.

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Also i want to know that if i purchase Lite for now can i upgrade for Standard or Pro in discounted price?

Yes you can upgrade to higher tiers of the product at any moment. You just need to pay the difference.

Hi, i just purchased Standard version and i am trying to get familiar with the plugin but i am unable to use my mobile for playing game.
Actually i want to have my custom mobile UI Buttons to be used for making moves,player movement and some superpowers.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hi, i just purchased Standard version and i am trying to get familiar with the plugin but i am unable to use my mobile for playing game.
Actually i want to have my custom mobile UI Buttons to be used for making moves,player movement and some superpowers.

For mobile/touchscreen controls you can use Control Freak. Follow these instructions:
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:in … e_controls

You also need to Set the "Scripting Backend" option under the Build -> Player Settings to IL2CPP. You can follow the instructions here:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/univers … st-3815395

Hi,
It looks like a paid plugin. I supposed that i will be getting mobile input support within UFE .. I just want to have some custom UI Buttons That will be assigned to move or hit that's it. I don't want to use full controls. Can you please help me how to do this without any 3rd party plugin or paid plugin.

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

There are many of ways to achieve that, but its not that simple.
You can for example make a script having a GUI Button that emulates a keyboard event or use some undocumented UFE events to trigger a 'fake' button press.
I can write a script for you and post here, but I'm a bit busy with UFE 2.1 update atm. Give me a week and I'll get back to you.

Hi
I'll be waiting for the Script. Till then i will try to do it of my own.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good news, I made a script that will help you out. It will be available on the 2.1 update.

There will be a new option under Global Editor -> Inputs -> Input Manager: "Custom Class"

Once selected, go to the Hierarchy and add a component called "GUIControlsInterface.cs" to UFE Manager. Hit play and you will see gui buttons representing controls for player 1.
This script is easy to understand and adding extra buttons is quite simple. Its also open source in all versions.

The update should be available on the Asset Store within this week.

Hi,
I am new to UFE and making a realtime online multiplayer game. I am bit confused about using online feature of UFE 2.0. I want to use gamesparks as my backend. There are only two options which i am getting in UFE 2.0 config file Unity and Photon.
I am using standard version of UFE 2.0 . Please can some one guide me setting up my gamesparks with UFE 2.0 Standatrd version.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hi,
I am new to UFE and making a realtime online multiplayer game. I am bit confused about using online feature of UFE 2.0. I want to use gamesparks as my backend. There are only two options which i am getting in UFE 2.0 config file Unity and Photon.
I am using standard version of UFE 2.0 . Please can some one guide me setting up my gamesparks with UFE 2.0 Standatrd version.

You can try extracting the files under UFE\Engine\ThirdParty\PhotonAPIConnector.unity and alter them to read events from gamespark instead.

Hi,
I am using Photon now. But i want to use fb login and play with fb friends,at this time i am unable to merge FB authentication with photon. Can you please help me with the code.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hi,
I am using Photon now. But i want to use fb login and play with fb friends,at this time i am unable to merge FB authentication with photon. Can you please help me with the code.

Here, this should help:
https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/ … entication

Hi

Thanx for replying i did with this part .

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/ … entication

Actually i want to use feature like.. People who are using my game and their fb friends list. Then inviting them from that list to play a match.

Thumbs up Thumbs down