Topic: Character Selection

How do i make user select a character only when a select button is pressed instead of default automatic selection when character is clicked?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Character Selection

Open UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultCharacterSelectionScreen.cs and look for this code segment (should be on line 433):

button.onClick.AddListener(() => {this.TrySelectCharacter(index);});

Just comment that line (add // before it) and it should work.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

after commenting the code, i cannot select between any player. i.e. the p1 hover always stays at top right character and p2 always at bottom left and i cannot click other characters

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm not sure I understood the question. Commenting that line will make it so you can't "mouse click" to select a character. Selection will only happen when you use the confirm button (http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:input)

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

if I add // before button.onClick.AddListener(() => {this.TrySelectCharacter(index);}); also I can not update sethoverindex. But I need to preview the character game object after I would like to confirm maybe with another button.
I'm trying to implement a two-step character selection on mobile: first, players preview a character by tapping on it, then they confirm their selection with another button. I'm stuck on two points:
How can I show a character is being previewed (something like setHoverIndex) before the player confirms their selection?
How can I determine if the current user is Player 1 or Player 2 during this selection process?
Any advice or code examples would be greatly appreciated!

Thumbs up Thumbs down