1 (edited by Nevers 2014-03-25 12:02:22)

Topic: Error when building stand alone version

Hey, i'm using the Pro version of UFE and when I try to build a standalone version of the game (also occurs with the web output), i get this error:

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by UFE. But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:113)
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 cache, BuildTarget target) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:116)
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, BuildTarget target) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:148)

Error building Player: Extracting referenced dlls failed.

I dont get what the problem is.  I haven't added anything to the project yet.  I've only added UFE to a new & blank project and let it run.  It works fine when i press play (no error what so ever).

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks

Here's a pic of my project setup
https://www.dropbox.com/s/auafmytewgpd3 … -01-41.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Error when building stand alone version

I've also tried this solution

turns out Edit > Project Settings > Player > Optimization

change compatibility from ".net 2.0 subset" to ".net 2.0"

but this did not help

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/65 … lls-f.html

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey there Nevers,
What version of UFE are you using?
UFE PRO had that problem on version 1.0.3 but I I had that fixed on 1.0.4.

To check the version open the readme.txt under the root folder of UFE

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.
Don't forget to check our discord channel.

Yep, I just checked the screenshot you are using 1.0.3
If you purchased your copy through Unity's Asset Store, click on the Asset Store and select update. If it was from Sellfy, use the download link given to you by Sellfy when you first purchased. It should have an updated copy of it.

Let me know if that fixed your issue.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.
Don't forget to check our discord channel.

Thanks a lot.  Updating fixed the issue.
Now on to the fun stuff!! lol

Thumbs up Thumbs down