Re: 3D Character Selection Screen broken

Also, we need to log the Mecanim Humanoid issue in the character select screen as a bug. I don't have source to edit anything so I hope this gets addressed

You mean the rotation issue right?

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Also, we need to log the Mecanim Humanoid issue in the character select screen as a bug. I don't have source to edit anything so I hope this gets addressed

You mean the rotation issue right?

Not only that, but my model is WAY about the camera when I set the rig to humanoid smile

Hm

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

29 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-12-25 23:06:06)

And I REFUSE to use Legacy animations... and with the Generic rig you can't retarget animations... Furthermore with Mecanim Humanoid, both fighters are on the same side, facing the same direction... that HAS to be fixed

Bumping this topic. Has anyone found a solution to the select screen bug involving Mecanim Humanoid Rigs? While this big persists, I cannot move forward any further with my project :-(.

And speaking of select screens, is there a way I can modify the character select screen to be repurposed for the stage select? I already started with my layout and I want to set it up for UFE. Thank you.

KRGraphics wrote:

Bumping this topic. Has anyone found a solution to the select screen bug involving Mecanim Humanoid Rigs? While this big persists, I cannot move forward any further with my project :-(.

And speaking of select screens, is there a way I can modify the character select screen to be repurposed for the stage select? I already started with my layout and I want to set it up for UFE. Thank you.

Why not use Generic rigs?

and i dont know if you saw but there is a script for "Grid Stage Select" I Have no idea how to use it though. but its there.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:
KRGraphics wrote:

Why not use Generic rigs?

and i dont know if you saw but there is a script for "Grid Stage Select" I Have no idea how to use it though. but its there.

Because you can't retarget with Generic rigs

I don't have a problem retargetting.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

34 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-01-25 02:59:03)

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

I don't have a problem retargetting.

I'm gonna test this when I get home. I tried doing this recently and the damn animations don't play.

In the Unity manual, ithe says only Humanoid Rigs can be retargeted...

Well I tend to use the same avatar between rigs.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Well I tend to use the same avatar between rigs.

I could probably do that too... it will make everything easi

Just use the same armature between all characters

Like in your modeling program duplicate  armature . Point is make all the armature have the same bone names.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

38 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-01-25 17:23:40)

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Just use the same armature between all characters

Like in your modeling program duplicate  armature . Point is make all the armature have the same bone names.

I am not using Blender. I am using Modo and unfortunately, when I use the same avatar, the other model gets messed up. Also I have to name the character of the rig I am using for ease of animation...

And for I am doing, the characters will have their own avatars.

But this doesn't fix my problem with the character select screen

If you make sure all the bones (not the armature itself) have the same names you can use the same avatar .

And if you're using the same avatar you can use generic rig

With generic you have no problem with select screen

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

40 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-01-25 18:54:57)

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

If you make sure all the bones (not the armature itself) have the same names you can use the same avatar .

And if you're using the same avatar you can use generic rig

With generic you have no problem with select screen

I will have to test all of this out... I just used one of my characters avatars on another character and it broke sad

This is a persistent issue. I have see other users deal with the charater select screen breaking and stuff... and I am using Humanoids because I have characters that are different heights...

I have the same. Different heights I mean
I haven't had any trouble with the select screen at all myself (not since I figured out how to do it in the first place)

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bump. Has anyone found a solution for the floating characters in this character select screen with using Humanoid rigs?

And also is it possible to modify the character select UI script to be use on the stage select? Trying to do it like MKX or Injustice 2

Thanks

I switched to humanoid and I'm not having the same problem.

I'm having the opposite problem. My select animations had scaling in the animation to make them bigger. Now in humanoid the scale doesn't take effect at all. So they are smaller than I want them to be.

I remember you saying you use real world scale for your characters right?

That might have something to do with it

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

I switched to humanoid and I'm not having the same problem.

I'm having the opposite problem. My select animations had scaling in the animation to make them bigger. Now in humanoid the scale doesn't take effect at all. So they are smaller than I want them to be.

I remember you saying you use real world scale for your characters right?

That might have something to do with it

I scaled up my assets 4x their size since they were modeled 1:1... it doesn't do this if I switched to the generic rig

Sorry I'm a little drunk..

But even still we're having the exact opposite problem

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Sorry I'm a little drunk..

But even still we're having the exact opposite problem

And no one has come up with a fix for this... I am close to just stopping development until this is fixed...

I mean my characters are atleast already on screen. They are just too small. Humanoid rigs don't accept scaling animations apparently.

Also humanoid rigs don't work for characters with extra bones that aren t humanoid. sad

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

I mean my characters are atleast already on screen. They are just too small. Humanoid rigs don't accept scaling animations apparently.

Also humanoid rigs don't work for characters with extra bones that aren t humanoid. sad

Thankfully the rig I have for my character work correctly, and I would not enjoy redoing my character rigs, especially for objects that are skinned to the bones.

49 (edited by KRGraphics 2017-02-09 19:55:03)

UPDATE: So I have managed to narrow down the issue with the model, and apparently, one of my character is broken in the screen... now to fix it...

EDIT: As soon as set the avatar to Humanoid, the characters break in the select screen...

KRGraphics wrote:

FOUND THE CULPRIT! When I see my character to Mecanim Generic the problem disappears... when you set your rig to Mecanim Humanoid, the problem arises...

here is a screenshot of the select screen with the characters set to Mecanim Generic... the issue disappears. So right now, I am calling this a bug... To reproduce this, set your avatar to humanoid, and play the game... you will notice that your character is completely offset and no matter what you set the position to. And they will also be on the same side of the screen.

You are my hero...

Thumbs up Thumbs down