Topic: Is a 2D RPG/Beat Em Up Hybrid compatible with UFE?

Hi I'm Alex. I'm an absolute beginner at making games. However, I always wanted to make a game. I have a 2D RPG/Beatemup hybrid in mind using 2D sprites (movement like Streets of Rage with z axis). Would the Universal Fighting Engine be compatible with a game that has all of the following?:

-Multiple throwing moves, including the ability to hold an opponent up.
-RPG EXP/Leveling system
-Inventory and status screens
-weapons
-2D Sprite based game where player is accompanied by multiple NPC party members, fighting multiple enemies at once.
-Flying
-Energy based attacks
-Power ups and transformations
-HP, MP, Energy and Stamina gauges.
-Custom GUI HUDs.
-Cutscenes
-A story driven game.
-projectiles
-multiple moves and styles per character
-Healing abilities (i.e. A party member NPC that can heal player, party and NPC's).
-Towns, NPCs, buying and selling things.

Basically this is the end goal, so I know this will take quite some time to get there. I'd just like to know if making such a game is possible or impossible while using the Universal Fighting Engine. Programming is basically my weakest area.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Is a 2D RPG/Beat Em Up Hybrid compatible with UFE?

From your list of criteria, short answer would be "No."

Is it possible to alter the source code in ways to work with your game? Sure, anything is practically possible. But you'd be doing a lot to cover all of your criteria.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for the answer. I will probably get UFE Source when I become more experienced, as I could learn from and use something as a base for making throwing moves.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The throwing moves

Power ups/transformations (to some extent)

Custom UI

Story

Projectiles

Multiple moves/ styles per character

Everythig above is possible without coding changes.

Everything else will require source

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down