Topic: Can't hide body parts. What am I doing wrong?

I have a character (using Legacy System) which has some weapons attached (not in the mesh, but as bones). I tried to design them in the Hitboxes script (e.g. Custom1) and set the Body Part Invisible while doing a special attack. Thing is, nothing happens.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Can't hide body parts. What am I doing wrong?

Yes, you need your weapons as an extra object attached to a bone, and in the hitbox setup in your character properties you need to set that bone as "invisible" or something like that and save the changes.

When working on the move file select both "right side" and "left side" boxes on the "body part visibility" section, as well as the "visibility" box, as what you want to do is make that part visible for that move.

hope it helps.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

StriderSpinel wrote:

Yes, you need your weapons as an extra object attached to a bone, and in the hitbox setup in your character properties you need to set that bone as "invisible" or something like that and save the changes.

When working on the move file select both "right side" and "left side" boxes on the "body part visibility" section, as well as the "visibility" box, as what you want to do is make that part visible for that move.

hope it helps.

Sorry I'm still replying here, but it can't get it to work. To begin with, when you say attached you mean the weapons are inside the bone gameObject?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6917#p6917

I gave an explanation here

what Strider is telling you

when you are making hitboxes for your character

set a new hitbox put your weapon ( the actual weapon from the prefab not the bone)
set it to custom 1

repeat this step for the opposite handed weapon but set it to custom 2 then follow my steps

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

since you are trying to do it during a move. disregard the animations part

just do the bodypart visibility the way i describe in the moveeditorwindow

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down