Topic: Flexibility of Fuzzy AI?

Hi does anyone have a clue on how to utilize Fuzzy AI into another fighting game type project that isn't using UFE? I ask because I remember hearing YumCha mentioning in the UFE version 1.5 overview video that Fuzzy AI can be used outside of UFE. I curious as to how this can be done because I would like to still use Fuzzy AI even if I choose not to use UFE just yet. But good lord Fuzzy AI looks unreal and it's definitely more state of the art than the repetitive pathfinding and behavior tree stuff that's on the Unity Asset Store!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Flexibility of Fuzzy AI?

I should clarify this one.

What I said on the video is a little misleading (not my intention, I didn't understand it correctly at the time of recording).

Fuzzy AI is made for UFE.  Eventually, the plan is that it will be scalable to other projects.  But in the current packaged version on Asset Store and Sellfy, it will only work with UFE.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry to extend this topic further Yumcha but hmm according to the description of Fuzzy AI that's posted even now by MisterMind states what you said in the video. If you look at Fuzzy AI in the Asset Store MisterMind notes that users with enough experience are free too try to integrate it into their game projects if it's outside of UFE since Fuzzy AI is open source. You can simply look at the description of Fuzzy AI on the Asset Store when you have the time. I would like to look into it myself only since I have other toolkits that truly need an advanced AI solution.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes, that is true too.  It is open source, so when you purchase it you're free to do what you wish with it.

But as it stands, it's tailor-made to work with UFE.  I'm not even sure where you'd need to start to make it work with other systems.  That's something best left for David to answer.

Thumbs up Thumbs down