1 (edited by wolfoxyo 2018-08-25 23:59:36)

Topic: Problem with Input and player 2 keeps moving by itself

I'm having 2 problems

1) Player 2 keeps moving by itself. I don't know if this has to do with controller sensitivity.
Oh and I'm naming the Input axes like "P2 Joystick Vertical" or "P1 Keyboard Horizontal", things like that...

2) I'm having the old "Unity Exception: Input Axis Horizontal is not setup.". When I create the "Horizontal" and "Vertical" axes, things get to work, but my controller is still glitched.

What drives me insane is that it randomly works or doesn't work. The only thing I can imagine is that it's a controller issue.

Does anyone know a solution that doesn't involve buying cInput/Rewired or upgrading to UFE 2?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Problem with Input and player 2 keeps moving by itself

I might be able to help you if I'm at my computer over Skype or something.

It's a simple fix I know that. But hard to explain without actually looking at it

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

wolfoxyo wrote:

I'm having 2 problems

1) Player 2 keeps moving by itself. I don't know if this has to do with controller sensitivity.
Oh and I'm naming the Input axes like "P2 Joystick Vertical" or "P1 Keyboard Horizontal", things like that...

2) I'm having the old "Unity Exception: Input Axis Horizontal is not setup.". When I create the "Horizontal" and "Vertical" axes, things get to work, but my controller is still glitched.

What drives me insane is that it randomly works or doesn't work. The only thing I can imagine is that it's a controller issue.

Does anyone know a solution that doesn't involve buying cInput/Rewired or upgrading to UFE 2?

If you need a reset, go to Edit -> Project Settings -> UFE -> Replace InputManager.asset file.
It will restore the Input options to the original state.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

I might be able to help you if I'm at my computer over Skype or something.

It's a simple fix I know that. But hard to explain without actually looking at it

I found a solution for it! big_smile
I just adjusted the Dead values between 0 and 0,8 to 0,4

Now I must figure a way to allow button mashup for player 2. Looks like Unity has lots of issues in regards to Xbox One controllers. It's not recognizing two buttons at the same time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mistermind wrote:
wolfoxyo wrote:

I'm having 2 problems

If you need a reset, go to Edit -> Project Settings -> UFE -> Replace InputManager.asset file.
It will restore the Input options to the original state.

I did try that, but I could't solve it. But I found a solution after all.

Thanks for the tips!

Thumbs up Thumbs down