1 (edited by usernamenotfound 2018-09-14 07:35:43)

Topic: [Solved] ArgumentException when modifying UFE screens

When I started making changes in the Character Selection Screen, Unity started giving the "Argument Exception: Input Axis Horizontal is not setup". Said error makes it impossible to select anything or play the game properly.

I've dived across the UFE guides and other posts in this forum, but nothing has managed to solve it. Here's what I tried, anyway:

-Extracting the Project Settings zip in the Project Settings folder (as the official help says)
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/installat … t_settings

-Reimporting the whole project seemed to fix the error, but as soon as i tweaked something in the Selection Screen interface again, the problem appeared once more.

-Would try to test what this topic suggests, but I can't fully understand what did he/she modify:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1578

-To add more info, I'm using Control Phreak 2 (don't know if it's relevant)

There's still the chance I did something wrong while exporting the Project Settings zip, but did so many times I actually don't think so...

Thanks for your time

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: [Solved] ArgumentException when modifying UFE screens

I tried following these steps but nothing like that happened to me. From the looks of it, it seems like there is some script inside your project that is automatically changing the input definitions under Unity, even after you force an update from UFE.

I tried testing it with Control Freak 2, and although I had no error happened on my end, there is a high chance that either CF2 (or another Input Manager asset) is trying to "self-install" by itself.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

3 (edited by usernamenotfound 2018-09-12 06:31:49)

Mistermind wrote:

I tried following these steps but nothing like that happened to me. From the looks of it, it seems like there is some script inside your project that is automatically changing the input definitions under Unity, even after you force an update from UFE.

I tried testing it with Control Freak 2, and although I had no error happened on my end, there is a high chance that either CF2 (or another Input Manager asset) is trying to "self-install" by itself.

Thanks for testing it. Do you have in mind any kind of solution that could work? Why does this happens when modifying the interface of a screen/scene?
What triggered the error for me was creating an instance of the CharacterSelectionScreen, modifying it and assigning it to the project.

I tried reimporting Control Phreak 2 but it didn't solve a thing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

usernamenotfound wrote:

Thanks for testing it. Do you have in mind any kind of solution that could work? Why does this happens when modifying the interface of a screen/scene?
What triggered the error for me was creating an instance of the CharacterSelectionScreen, modifying it and assigning it to the project.

Did you extract both 'CF2-UFE-Hack.unitypackage' and 'CF2-UFE.unitypackage' from the folder 'Plugins\Control-Freak-2\Add-Ons\'?

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:
usernamenotfound wrote:

Did you extract both 'CF2-UFE-Hack.unitypackage' and 'CF2-UFE.unitypackage' from the folder 'Plugins\Control-Freak-2\Add-Ons\'?

Just did, nothing changed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by usernamenotfound 2018-09-14 07:35:24)

SOLVED!

After trying several things, reimporting, disabling Control Phreak 2 and a long etcetera of things, I realized there were some EventSystem elements in the scene. Deleting them solved the problem in spite of I don't know where they came from (and checked in another brand new project that said EventSystem weren't part of the default project).

Probably the things you suggested also worked, but we can only verify that the problem is, for now, solved.

Thanks a lot for your time and the feedback, seriously!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down