Topic: Does 1.8.6 no longer work?

Running newest version of the UFE "bundle" on Unity 2018.1.9f2. 

With a fresh install I get 63 warning messages.  While there not game breaking I still see this as problematic.  It's never a good sign when we get error messages on a fresh install with the proper version of unity.

When trying to set hit boxes on new characters I'm getting this error message hundreds of times.

"
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
CharacterEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/UFE/Editor/CharacterEditorWindow.cs:473)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:291)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:284)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:251)
"
Is the "bundle" ufe version not as uptodate as other versions of UFE?
Is UFE 1.8.6 just bugged?

Would it make more sense to just keep 1.8.6 bug free on unity 2017 since 2017 is not going to add more potentially game breaking features, just fixing existing bugs?

Trying to flesh out a new fighting game on the 1.8.6 before I update to UFE 2.  UFE 2 is still a bit pricey.

Made exactly zero dollars from my last UFE based game on the google play store, but I'm hoping for more success on my next try.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Does 1.8.6 no longer work?

Version 1.8.6 has been deprecated and will no longer receive support (http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1557). If you are running into too many issues with Unity 2018, I recommend downgrading your Unity.
You can upgrade to UFE 2 Lite for just $29. UFE 2 Lite is as powerful as UFE 1 Pro.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.