Topic: LOTS OF ERRORS and Strange Problems with Blocking

Hi, I was here making the UI for my game, when suddenly, messages on the console appeared saying there are bugs.
Messages like:

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Wakka05') is missing!
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
ControlsScript:GetHitBlocking(Hit, Int32, Vector3[]) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:1995)
ControlsScript:ReadMove(MoveInfo) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:1571)
ControlsScript:DoFixedUpdate() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:543)
UFE:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:2173)

OR

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'GuardSphere02') is missing!
ControlsScript:GetHitBlocking(Hit, Int32, Vector3[]) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:1995)
ControlsScript:ReadMove(MoveInfo) (at Assets/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:1571)

AND EVEN

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!

AND LOTS OF

"Cannot add menu item 'GameObject/UI/[NAME]' for method '[NAME]' because a menu item with the same name already exists."

I woudn't mind that much if it didn't ruin my game! When I block by holding backwards, the first message saying that "Wakka5 is missing" appears and I don't even know what's this. And then, when I walk forward and the opponent attacks, I'll continue to block. That wasn't happening before these messages appeared. I don't know if that has anything to do with me changing the UI elements.

I'd really love to know if someone has any idea of what's going on.
Can anyone help me? I was so close to finish some UIs.

Thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: LOTS OF ERRORS and Strange Problems with Blocking

Explaining in video:
https://youtu.be/R9thnv6Ogew

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Wakka05') is missing!"
I'm gonna assume those are warnings, not errors.

Regardless, that message means there are script references to some of your effects prefab pointing to non-existing scripts. You probably copy pasted files from older versions into new versions of UFE and Unity and some of those are either not compatible or not there.
Look under the prefabs at UFE\Demo\Particles (UFE 2) or UFE\Particles (UFE 1) and you will find hose script missing warnings. Just remove those references and those messages should go away.

For the best experience using the product I recommend using the following Unity versions:
UFE 1.8 - Unity 2017-2018.1
UFE 2.1 - Unity 2018.2
UFE 2.1.1 - Unity 2018.3

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:

"The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Wakka05') is missing!"
I'm gonna assume those are warnings, not errors.

Regardless, that message means there are script references to some of your effects prefab pointing to non-existing scripts. You probably copy pasted files from older versions into new versions of UFE and Unity and some of those are either not compatible.
Look under the prefabs at UFE\Demo\Particles (UFE 2) or UFE\Particles (UFE 1) and you will find hose script missing warnings. Just remove those references and those errors should go away.

For the best experience using the product I recommend using the following Unity versions:
UFE 1.8 - Unity 2017-2018.1
UFE 2.1 - Unity 2018.2
UFE 2.1.1 - Unity 2018.3

Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I used "error" as a wrong term, it is a warning.
But I'll try to see if anything you said works.

Thanks a lot!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down