Topic: Loading issue

When my game loads, the characters are in an empty scene for a moment, then the scene proper appears. There's no bugs nbeing thrown, and this issue doesn't happen if "skip loading screen" is selected, but other than that, I can't seem to track the issue down.

Will upload screenshot later if anyone else recognises this issue.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Loading issue

I presume your stage is set to be load as scene instead of as prefab?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes, I need to keep lightmaps so I use scenes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There was a bug introduced on Unity 2019 related to loading scenes using the SceneManager (http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1929).
According to the documentation you need at least 1 frame of delay before activating the scene, but for some reason it would only load correctly if I set a minimum of 3 frames. There is no known report of this bug from Unity, so there is no way to tell if they fixed it in later versions. You can try changing the source code and see if it works. Under UFE.cs look for this line:

UFE.DelayLocalAction(SetActiveStageScene, 3);

and change it to this:

UFE.DelayLocalAction(SetActiveStageScene, 1);
Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Same result sadly. Im also using Unity 2018.3, as I don't want breaking changes.

I did notice something though, if I tick "skip loading screen" the bug doesn't occur.
Not sure what's happening in the loading screen that could affect it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Still getting this glitch, even with the code amended above. Neither value, 3 or 1, makes any difference.

Here is a picture of the glitch

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's hard to tell what it could be since you are using a deprecated version of UFE. Perhaps you can try changing the stage back to Prefab?

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Ive updated to the last 2018 version of Unity, Ill rebuild tomorrow and see if it's fixed, the Editor version seems ok so far.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm using Unity 2020.2.1f1 and i'm getting the same error

ArgumentException: SceneManager.SetActiveScene failed; invalid scene
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.SetActiveScene (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene) (at <e414e10bfe5f45729ff122f3359de21b>:0)
UFE.SetActiveStageScene () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Manager/UFE.cs:3359)
FluxCapacitor.ExecuteLocalDelayedActions () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:842)
FluxCapacitor.ApplyInputs (System.Int64 currentFrame) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:567)
FluxCapacitor.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:297)
UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Manager/UFE.cs:2432)

sad

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

StriderSpinel wrote:

UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.SetActiveScene (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene) (at <e414e10bfe5f45729ff122f3359de21b>:0)
UFE.SetActiveStageScene () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Manager/UFE.cs:3359)
FluxCapacitor.ExecuteLocalDelayedActions () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:842)
FluxCapacitor.ApplyInputs (System.Int64 currentFrame) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:567)
FluxCapacitor.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:297)

sad

go to build setting s and add scene. that might fix it from the sound of it.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Storm87 wrote:
StriderSpinel wrote:

sad

go to build setting s and add scene. that might fix it from the sound of it.

i forgot to do that, as UFE was always just one scene before. Works perfect Now, Thanks smile

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.