Topic: Reference or Alter UFE Scripts

What's up everyone do any of you do nothing more than just alter the UFE scripts or can it be recommended to make scripts that can reference to say the UFE Controls Scripts and etc? I'm still stuck on that one since I've seen some tutorials on Youtube about showcasing the benefits of referencing my own newly made scripts to others as opposed to always altering the scripts like the ones in UFE. It will be nice for recommendations of which one I should do.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Reference or Alter UFE Scripts

Both.  It will depend on what you're wanting to achieve.  Sometimes, you'll no choice but to alter UFE scripts.

For instance, my Live Combo Update mod requires altering UFE code since you need to change how the combos are being tracked.  But if you just wanted to trigger something when a specific move was cast, you'd just need to hook into the UFE event OnMove() in your code.

Also keep in mind, that all GUI and Menu scripts included with UFE (GUIScripts.cs, IntroScript.cs, CharacterSelectionScript.cs, StageSelectionScript.cs and CreditsScript.cs) are what I would consider outside of UFE base code - depending on what you want for your game, you might not even need some of those scripts (Credits can be added to Intro; Stage select could easily be added to Character select etc).  And of course, you're encouraged to mod these scripts to best suit your game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down