Topic: Help with implementing Cut Scene for Super Attacks

Hello;

I need help with implementing a Cut Scene for Super Attacks. I want a full screen cut scene before a player executes a super move. I tried cinematic camera, particles, even projections to a move. None of these work because the cut scene animation is tied to the player; the player is far away then the cut scene shows part of the Battle gui.

Please advise.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Help with implementing Cut Scene for Super Attacks

How are you performing your cutscene... or how do you want your cutscene to run?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@MrPonton I want the game to freeze, show a cut scene animation takes up the full screen. Once the animation has finished, the game and super move resumes. As of now the animation doesn't take up the full screen if the character is very far away or if the opponent jumps in the air.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sorry, I'm just not clearly understanding what it is you want so I apologize for the clarification questions I'm asking.

When you say "take up full screen" do you mean you have a video file you want to play on the camera at full screen? or do you mean you want to zoom the camera into a specified area through perhaps an animation?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@MrPonton

I made the recording for you and others to review

https://youtu.be/q8rC3BpJ8zY

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I figured it out without going into the source code.

I created the cutscene animation as a prefab and put in the particles section. I set the Cinematic camera to freeze. And I added extra frames in my move animation to make the attack appear that it's paused while the cut scene is playing. When the cutscene is done playing then the move animation continues.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

You could probably also use custom source code in that particle to freeze the game while the cinematic plays by looking for OnMove() and setting booleans there for use in the Update(), then resuming gameplay once cinematic is done. Just theoretically.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, I'm fairly sure you're using UFE2 not UFE1.8 so this is in the wrong forum board.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

9 (edited by apollo 2020-06-11 05:48:39)

@MrPonton: Yes I'm using UFE2. My apologizes if this is in the wrong forum board.

Please, where's function to "freeze the game"? Is it a public function? My solution doesn't work as I originally thought. It works one time the whole game breaks when I try it again. The Cinematic camera from the Move Editor breaks the game on occasion.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

10 (edited by MrPonton 2020-06-11 10:56:08)

I'm speaking off hand from memory but I believe it's in the UFE class as a static method. UFE.Pause() or something.

http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/code?s[]=pause

UFE.PauseGame(true/false)

and

UFE.IsPaused()

are what you'll probably need in conjunction with the event OnMove(MoveInfo move, CharacterInfo player) which will trigger whenever a move is performed. You'd probably want to use that to check if the specific move has been triggered, from there you can probably set a boolean that it has been triggered so the Update() of the custom script can do its logic for the cinematic to pause the game, run the cinematic, resume the game when cinematic has ended, and clear the trigger.

Conceptually thinking.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

HALLELUJAH, IT WORKS!!!!!

I unchecked Freeze Physics from Camera Options and I used "UFE.timeScale = 0" and "UFE.timeScale = UFE.config._gameSpeed" instead of UFE.PauseGame(true/false) to keep the pause message boxes from appearing.

Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

12 (edited by MrPonton 2020-06-12 14:41:33)

Yup, people often overlook the event handler methods, they allow you to do a lot of customization.

apollo wrote:

I unchecked Freeze Physics from Camera Options and I used "UFE.timeScale = 0" and "UFE.timeScale = UFE.config._gameSpeed" instead of UFE.PauseGame(true/false) to keep the pause message boxes from appearing.

Yeah, you can also make a global custom method that does it's own "Pause(true/false)" if you find it so you don't have to call those lines specifically every time.

Thumbs up Thumbs down