1 (edited by nickseegobin 2021-01-23 10:02:01)

Topic: Need Some Help With Chain Moves

Hi Guys,

im new to the forums.
My name is Nick and I'm trying to build a fighting game.
Im really new to UFE but been playing fight games as long as I can remember.

I need some help setting up the "Chain Move" feature.

please see video below:
https://www.loom.com/share/4cc9a8f37a19 … a7af52c28d

1. I want to create a chain move that uses a single button pressed consecutively (eg user hits btn1 3 time) to executes a combo.
2. When I try to implement no moves are fired.
3. I attached an "Applied Force" to the move and that get fired just fine.
4. I used the "Auto Execution" feature and I'm getting the same result -- the follow up move doesn't get fired

Note:
- im using the "lite" version of UFE
- I see in the Docs that the "chain moves" is pro feature (But the tab is available in the version I downloaded)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Need Some Help With Chain Moves

in chain moves you have to add the previous attack to chain link. here example if you want to do 2 different attacks with button 1.

1. your first attack button 1 (attack 1) has to have a move link to its next attack
2. if its another attack that uses the same input then you must have the previous attack (attack 1) as a required move in the chain of (attack 2).
3. also make sure you have either button press or button release checked for the move to activate.
4. if you have auto execution on it will just play 1 move to the next without pressing anything.
5. you can use ignore player conditions to link into crouching attacks.

with this you can do this to make tekken style combos, mvsc2 ect...

Hi Grave174, Thank you!

I was really stomped but I got the problem solved. Apparently, like an idiot, I didn't assign the move I wanted in the chain to player's move list.  As soon as I did the chain worked perfectly.

Thank you much buddy! I really appreciate the response.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

you can check the official Tutorial smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVkQ_4EMADo

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.