Topic: Is there any change in making new moves hurtboxes?

i am making new move using ufe 2.3 and already made a character file. while making that move i have to face problem regarding hurtboxes in their designated position. in making process and preview animation, hurtboxes are appearing at right position but during game play this problem arise. hurtboxes are generating at root position. is there any change in character making or move making file where i have to set hitboxes or hurtboxes positions. i am using mixamo rigged hitboxes option on character prefab. any idea, suggestion or solution?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Is there any change in making new moves hurtboxes?

Under Character Editor -> Move Sets, try disabling "Use Animation Maps".
Alternatively, it could mean that you tried to replace the model from one of the templates but didn't correctly assigned all the hitboxes needed to the new character.
If a move requires a hitbox (to place a hurtbox on top) and that hitbox is not there, errors like that can happen.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

@Mistermind i have tried that by enabling and disabling that option. Disabling it is also not generating satisfactory results.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did you run the MapRecorder.scene ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

saqlainabbas760 wrote:

@Mistermind i have tried that by enabling and disabling that option. Disabling it is also not generating satisfactory results.

Also, make sure the move files are using hitboxes that have been assigned to the character. If your character doesn't have a certain hitbox assigned to a body part and a move tries to use it, the hurtbox will act that way.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I have applied every method. but hurtboxes either appear at ground or at root position of joint. can you upload a video at your youtube official channel. many of us facing this problem.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I've this problem too...  It turns out I was assigning duplicate hitboxes.. Try to check carefully on your hitboxes assignment. there could be duplicates or missing ones

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hi there,

I have the same issue. When I am working on move editor Animation Preview shows hurtboxes on the correct position but when play hurtboxes is showing on character root/reference point. I tried the suggestions above but it did not work for me.

Do you have any other suggestions for this problem?

Thanks

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

9 (edited by Le_nardill 2021-12-08 08:50:25)

Same problem here . Some fix or solution? a Youtube Video would be great @mistermind

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down