1 (edited by anjumshehzad316 2021-02-22 00:06:24)

Topic: 3d Cinematics camera at wrong position (UFE 2.4.0 Source)

Default Package with no change
Video Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2mUUe … sp=sharing

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: 3d Cinematics camera at wrong position (UFE 2.4.0 Source)

Depending on the options and gameplay selected, the cinematic option can have some wonkiness. You can try adjusting the cinematic options so the camera does less abruptly twists and turns, or try going to "Global Editor -> Character Rotation Options" and disabling "Allow Airborne Side Switch".

I'll see if I can make this option more stable on the next update.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I am having the same problem.

I've literally attempted every option and went to every tutorial that was available. I just don't know what to do.

It would be nice if there was a look at or target player option with this.

Maybe the next update will fix this issue.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by nusaw316 2023-02-21 19:51:52)

(I meant to post this here, not in the topic 3D camera problems. whoops....)

So I almost found a way to make the cinematic camera work in 3d (Source 2.5.1). Here's what I did so far:

1. In the Move Editor tab - Animation: I clicked the preview tab the prefab animation for the intro.
2. In the Hierarchy tab: I created a new camera
3. In the Animation tab: I created the animation for the camera (Position, Rotation, and Scale) Afterwards I saved the Animation File, closed the animation preview, and deleted the new camera.
4. In the Inspector tab: I switched from Normal to Debug and changed the animation file to Legacy.
5. Back to the Move Editor tab - Cinematic Options:
-I changed the Cinematic Type to Animation
-Set the Opponent's Animation Speed to 0
-Set the Animation Speed to 1, and
-Kept the Blend Speed to 100.
6: I clicked the Camera Preview and adjusted the Field of Blend to the setting I wanted for the camera (In my case it was 35)

The only part that I am having trouble with was that when I hit play, the animation moves the way I want it to, but the camera is facing the back of the character.

I'll be back when I can figure out how to set the camera to face the front of the character. Hopefully these steps will get everyone closer to what you want the 3d cinematic camera to do.

Until next time.

Update:

I just remade the camera and made it face the front of the character prefab in Move Editor.

Hope this helps.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

nusaw316 wrote:

(I meant to post this here, not in the topic 3D camera problems. whoops....)

So I almost found a way to make the cinematic camera work in 3d (Source 2.5.1). Here's what I did so far:

1. In the Move Editor tab - Animation: I clicked the preview tab the prefab animation for the intro.
2. In the Hierarchy tab: I created a new camera
3. In the Animation tab: I created the animation for the camera (Position, Rotation, and Scale) Afterwards I saved the Animation File, closed the animation preview, and deleted the new camera.
4. In the Inspector tab: I switched from Normal to Debug and changed the animation file to Legacy.
5. Back to the Move Editor tab - Cinematic Options:
-I changed the Cinematic Type to Animation
-Set the Opponent's Animation Speed to 0
-Set the Animation Speed to 1, and
-Kept the Blend Speed to 100.
6: I clicked the Camera Preview and adjusted the Field of Blend to the setting I wanted for the camera (In my case it was 35)

The only part that I am having trouble with was that when I hit play, the animation moves the way I want it to, but the camera is facing the back of the character.

I'll be back when I can figure out how to set the camera to face the front of the character. Hopefully these steps will get everyone closer to what you want the 3d cinematic camera to do.

Until next time.

Update:

I just remade the camera and made it face the front of the character prefab in Move Editor.

Hope this helps.

Even when doing this, I still got an issue with the camera.

When characters are facing each other like in 2D it's fine, but if they moved to another place,  the camera is in the wrong position.

You can see the issue here, where I've added a back and forth cam animation on the Wall Launcher move: https://streamable.com/rmw99h

Did someone managed to have good cinematics in 3D, no matter the characters' position?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have yet to review the cinematic options for 3D gameplay. I think the best way to achieve this is to make your own custom camera animation and use the prefab option.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

7 (edited by Az 2024-01-17 10:56:33)

Mistermind wrote:

I have yet to review the cinematic options for 3D gameplay. I think the best way to achieve this is to make your own custom camera animation and use the prefab option.

I tried but it's not working neither, the camera does not follow the character.
https://streamable.com/rsnk60

I know you are busy with the work on UFE 3, but will an improvement of the 3D mode come in the near future (this year)? Multiple things are not working as they should, throwing a character from behind or its side, gives a weird result. Projectiles are not always at their right position depending on which side you are. We cannot apply lateral forces to the opponent on hit and the AI does not have an option to move sideways.

Thumbs up Thumbs down