Topic: Detect hurt boxes hitting each other

How would I go about detecting if the two character's hurt boxes hit each other?

For example both characters throw a punch at each other and their fists hit. I would like to have the moves cancel each other out, no damage and no stun, and set the characters back to standing state or play a different move etc...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Detect hurt boxes hitting each other

Just a small correction: you want to have both character's Hurtboxes collide with opposing hitboxes on the same frame (not two hurtboxes hitting each other - that will cause endless amounts of problems!).  This will allow for traded hits, where both characters can be hit on the same frame.

Currently UFE doesn't do traded hits.  But this shouldn't be too hard to add in to a future update.  Once the Unity 5 stuff is out of the way, we'll look into this.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

What I want is what you probably meant by hitboxes hitting each other e.g two characters with swords and detecting if the swords hit each other. And then play a special SFX and particle effect and no damage is applied to any of the characters.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I believe a better word for what you want is called "Clashing"

that's just 2 hits canceling no damage no stun as you said.
Yumcha was suggesting trading which is when both players get hit

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down