Topic: Problem with attacking downed character.

I have a move where the hit condition down is enabled. When I hit a character laying on the ground with this move the character will go back to the standing state right away.

Am I missing something in my move settings? I would like the character to stay on the ground after being hit and not instantly go back to the standing state.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Problem with attacking downed character.

Normally, you'd give the hit some vertical force to bounce the character back up.  This prevents you from being able to string infinite hits while they're down.

Otherwise, you could use Opponent Override to set the opponent into a specific state/move.

I'll look into your issue though.  If "keep opponent grounded" on hit is required, we might need to add that functionality in.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I did add vertical force but the character gets back up on his feet as soon as he lands again. He don't lay on the ground for a while before getting up like they normally do.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

johndman wrote:

I did add vertical force but the character gets back up on his feet as soon as he lands again. He don't lay on the ground for a while before getting up like they normally do.

You could always add a timer to delay the automatic get up code. I'll have to look at it to give you a better explanation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have the same problem,do you have new progress?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

iirc it won't work without editing the Source. Like that roswell108 guy suggested.

Thumbs up Thumbs down