Re: UFE 1.6 Official Release Notes

svwillia wrote:

Since UFE is not supported in 5.2 do we have an ETA on the networking updates?

We can't release anything that is not compatible with the latest version of Unity, meaning we will all have to wait for 5.3 (ETA December)

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I found the actual problem, guys. For some reason, I cannot access the most of the UI prefabs within the UFE toolkit while using Unity 5.1.4, except for TextureIntroScreen.prefab, and when the game starts, nothing's there. I am not sure why this is happening, but it could be a crash or glitch.

To explain, the version I'm working with is 5.0.0, but I recently upgraded to 5.1.4, which reverts back to 5.0.0. The program is supposed to display the game and its content, but nothing appears. I am not sure, but this could be a compatibility issue, and I am not sure of how to uninstall Unity 5.0.0. During the only few times I've tried, it chooses to uninstall Unity 4.

How can I assess this situation?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mistermind wrote:
svwillia wrote:

Since UFE is not supported in 5.2 do we have an ETA on the networking updates?

We can't release anything that is not compatible with the latest version of Unity, meaning we will all have to wait for 5.3 (ETA December)

So UFE 1.7 is a Christmas present smile Thanks Mistermind, just what I wanted! wink

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Are diagonal inputs slated for 1.7?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Is there an update on when 1.7 will be arriving?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steviebops wrote:

Are diagonal inputs slated for 1.7?

I couldn't get it to work on UFE 1.7, but we will support that feature on UFE 2.0

svwillia wrote:

Is there an update on when 1.7 will be arriving?

Because of the holidays break we ended up with a few delays, but don't worry, we are already working on the update. I'm hoping to release it within this week or the next. I'll keep you guys updated.

I just saw under 1.7 changes New addon available: UFE Network (available for free on UFE Bundle and Fuzzy AI Addon)

Wondering how does the network mode work. do you have to host a game or is there matchmaking? also how much is the UFE network addon for the users that dont have the bundle?

Awesome! I can't wait to add networking into my project!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Grave174 wrote:

I just saw under 1.7 changes New addon available: UFE Network (available for free on UFE Bundle and Fuzzy AI Addon)

Wondering how does the network mode work. do you have to host a game or is there matchmaking? also how much is the UFE network addon for the users that dont have the bundle?

We will only offer the P2P structure. You will have to build the server and matchmaking interface yourselves for now. These options will be available only on UFE 2.0

Im wondering is 2.0 going to have a time attack, score counter with a top 10 high ranking for clearing story mode and such like classic arcade fighting games?

61 (edited by addisonadolf00 2016-04-08 07:13:08)

Thanks for sharing this videos to us! smile smile

html websites | html developer | html & css

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mistermind wrote:

Sorry about the delay on this. Yes, we do have a roadmap, but its internal. I'm hoping to release a public version, but I still need to check on a few things.

...But here is a little something just to get you guys hyped smile

We will first release UFE 1.7 that, among several needed additions to the engine (like wall bounce, multiple gauge options and air recovery) will come with an early beta of the netcode and P2P network (direct IP connection).
After the release we will begin working on UFE 2.0, a completed revised version of UFE 1.x. This version will include several new features such as brand new interface, Server Side Network, GGPO-based netcode and support for several new game types (such as 3D Arena, 2D and Beat 'em up).

More news and details very soon.

any update on this

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mayureshete wrote:
Mistermind wrote:

Sorry about the delay on this. Yes, we do have a roadmap, but its internal. I'm hoping to release a public version, but I still need to check on a few things.

...But here is a little something just to get you guys hyped smile

We will first release UFE 1.7 that, among several needed additions to the engine (like wall bounce, multiple gauge options and air recovery) will come with an early beta of the netcode and P2P network (direct IP connection).
After the release we will begin working on UFE 2.0, a completed revised version of UFE 1.x. This version will include several new features such as brand new interface, Server Side Network, GGPO-based netcode and support for several new game types (such as 3D Arena, 2D and Beat 'em up).

More news and details very soon.

any update on this

http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=898

1.7 released already, the latest version is 1.8.1.

2.0 is still in development.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It would be nice to hear some snippet of progress towards 2.0

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yea i was talking about 2.0 tooo...  smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down