Topic: Gamepad (Rewired) player 2 works but player 1 doesn't

Here we go again.

After upgrading from UFE2 Source 2.4 to UFE2 2.5, Rewired is messing up again.

I followed the same directions that I was finally able to get working, but now the Player 2 gamepad functions (Player 1 does nothing).

Plus: The player can't move backwards (back moves forward), and the buttons don't do anything.

I don't know what's happening here.
Any ideas?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Gamepad (Rewired) player 2 works but player 1 doesn't

No changes were made to the input system from version 2.4.1 to 2.5.
I tested Rewired with UFE 2.5 and everything worked fine on my end. Perhaps its something to do with how the Rewired Prefab (or custom controls) are setup.
Also, try updating Rewired.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.
Don't forget to check our discord channel.

Good to know, I'll try again.

I'll be back with an update.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by nusaw316 2022-08-23 06:05:18)

I think I found something that may be causing problems with the Rewired settings.

In Global Editor Window-GUI Options-Screens when I open any of the GUI scenes; the default Event System is part of the file. It's not attached/part to the Prefab or the canvas. I keep trying to delete it, but when I reopen the screen, the default Event System is still there.

Update:

the event system that shows up in the file doesn't affect anything. I was able to get both controllers working until I got to the character select screen.
For some reason Player 1 changes to player 2 and once the battle screen comes up the directional controls switch when switching to the other side.

It's weird, but I'm sure there's a solution to this.

I think this issue has been discussed already, but if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I'd like to know.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Update:

I uninstalled rewired, uninstalled UFE2.5 Source, then reinstalled UFE2 Source, reinstalled rewired (the most recent updated version), followed the entire rewired steps for UFE2 in the document, and the results were the same. Except now Button1 is super sensitive in the Main Menu Screen. One press goes to the Versus Mode Screen and then immediately back to the Main Menu. When I get to the Character Select Screen, it still switches Player 1 Joystick to Player 2, the Player 2 Joystick no longer functions Screen and the buttons on either Joystick has no response. Which means that I am currently unable to go beyond the Character Select Screen.
Also there are no custom controls, all of the control layout (in rewired) are the default setting. The names for both players are still Button 1, Button 2, etc.

I am not sure if it's a UFE2.5 bug, or if Rewired was not optimized for version 2.5, or if I am just doing something completely wrong, but whatever it is I'd like to get this fixed.
Rewired was working perfectly in UFE2.4.1, but UFE2.5 rewired seems to be a lot worse than when I was having problems a few months back.

If you have any solutions, please let me know.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know the double double input thing seems to still happen.
What I did was change the confirm button in global options.
https://i.imgur.com/3Y3NJzu.png
You could probably programmatically change the confirm button at certain times, but you need to know what your doing

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi again,

So the rewired controls actually work great until I enter the character select screen. Once I advance to the character select screen Player 1's controller turns into player 2, Player 2's controller stops working, and button 1 takes me back to the previous menu. None of the other buttons work when this happens.

I'm going to try to redo the character select screen prefab to see if the issue is still there.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

If you want to try this in a new project with a fresh UFE2 import that could maybe help pin down your issue.
I don't think I've encountered that issue before.

Thumbs up Thumbs down