1 (edited by vencious 2022-11-23 02:26:55)

Topic: Adding a constant speed(force) option to moves !

Hi,

i think the engine needs an option to let users add a constant speed during a move.
For example i have a special move that does not work well with "Self applied Forces" option and it does not have root motion, but i want it to move the character on X axis from this frame to that frame ! To be more specific, the anim is a whirl wind punch sequence that i need to move on X for a given time !

I'm suggesting this as i don't think there's a way of achieving it unless animation has root motion data !

I would like to be able to tell the system to move the character with that speed from this frame to this frame. Even cooler would be to allow me two options, one with constant speed from frame to frame or choose to use an animation curve where we can setup the speed and time. (Also may be the do that for X and Y axes )

Would this be possible to implement ?

Thanks !

EDIT : replaced "force" with "speed" as it is more descriptive regarding the suggestion !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by xHerox 2022-11-22 08:49:59)

Re: Adding a constant speed(force) option to moves !

Have you tried disabling 'Ignore Friction'? You can find that option at the top of Move Editor window. As its name implies, it'll remove the move's friction which can make your self applied force "fix" until the move ends or until you add another self applied force with zero values.

http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:general

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by vencious 2022-11-22 09:12:17)

xHerox wrote:

Have you tried disabling 'Ignore Friction'? You can find that option at the top of Move Editor window. As its name implies, it'll remove the move's friction which can make your self applied force "fix" until the move ends or until you add another self applied force with zero values.

http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:general

Hi, thanks for the input.

Yes, i tried disabling the friction and adding another force with value of 0 later in the move, but the point is that my character is pushed back in case he hits the opponent instead of trying to keep moving forward and perform multiple punches.

Imo, with constant or based on a curve speeds applied ( that would of course respect the opponent weight and position ), it will give so much control over animation move.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Seems like ignore friction would be what you want.
Is push back on hit causing issues?
Could you provide a video of the issue?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You can trigger tweens to achieve this. Either with Dotween or your own solution.

Thumbs up Thumbs down