Topic: Cloth problem

Hi!

i'm working in new characters for the Game and recently decided to use CLOTH simulations for a skirt and a Handerchief in a new character.... so far everuthing is really good, but i noticed something when my character switches to the P2 side it's cloth behaves oddly... i supposse it has something to do with the way UFE inverts the character to create a mirror effect similar to old 2d fighting games, and i was wondering if you think there's a way to fix this.

Thanks!

http://s5.postimg.org/6wm4m47p3/proceso_eva10.jpg

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

2 (edited by vvaris 2015-06-26 09:18:26)

Re: Cloth problem

I tried cloth and freemoving bones using physical joints. I came to conclusion they both were nerly impossible to get working correctly.
Now all my cloth movement is animated by hand.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It does work. But it's better when using Mecanim animation, instead of Legacy.  Since Mecanim mirrors the humanoid animation while Legacy flips the model completely, potentially inverting the polygons in the process.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I Made The animation in blender, how are the chances it can work on my character by just switching modes!?

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

the mecanim bones need a root bone of any kind?

thanks

i just transfered evageline to mecanim, and indeed, the skirt looks great n both sides... but the animations are all messed up, in terms of somethimes the feet goes above ground, the basic roation changes, and some moves where she turns 360 don't do it now.... mmm...

Yeah, with Mecanim you'll need to adjust some values for the imported animation files.  I find the values listed in this post best.  Have a test and see how it goes, that should resolve the feet and rotation issues.

360 issues are usually due to Quaternion / Euler differences when creating rotations.  Since you're using Blender, this is actually fairly easy to avoid.  Just make sure you set your Transform's Rotation Mode to Euler instead of Quarternion (which I think is default?).

http://i.imgur.com/y3Zw3aD.png

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

so far no luck... also there's this problem with her knife, wich is only in one hand, and I don't have a joint in the other hand... i really don't know how to fix the skirt... tha start all over again...

Oh, her knife.  I didn't realise she was an asymmetric character sad.

Is there any animation applied to the knife, or is it just simply parented to the hand bone (so rotates with the hand, does not animate by itself)?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Oh, her knife.  I didn't realise she was an asymmetric character sad.

Is there any animation applied to the knife, or is it just simply parented to the hand bone (so rotates with the hand, does not animate by itself)?

the knife has it's own joint and it has a bit of animation, in a couple of attacks she spins it for reverse slashes and other effects.

Then Legacy is the only way to animate it (it won't mirror on 2P side otherwise).

Unfortunately, that means your cloth physics won't work as good now. 

I suggest having a look at Dynamic Bone add-on.  I've had some good success with hair and cloth rigged using it.  You do need a bit of setup to get it working, but it's a nice simple implementation of basic dynamic physics.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

hey that's great! Thanks!