Topic: Story mode doesn't load second hound prefabs

Good evening, I'm new to the forum, I've had the project for some time in the full open source version, but after this last update to realease 2.5.2 current, when I select the story mode and win the first fight, the engine doesn't load the prefabs for the new fight, it's just on the scene selection screen with the two opponents looking at each other and the loading message, I don't have any error feedback on the console. Can you please check if it's some kind of bug?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Story mode doesn't load second hound prefabs

Issue confirmed. Will look into it and fix it before releasing the next update (2.5.3)

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.
Don't forget to check our discord channel.

Ok, thank you, I will continue the analysis to identify the error, so far what I can say is that when executing the DelayLocalAction method, in the second fight it is not executed, but if we remove the condition in UFE.cs

if (UFE.fixedDeltaTime > 0) {
     UFE.DelayLocalAction(action, (int)FPMath.Floor((seconds * config.fps) / UFE.timeScale));
}else{
     UFE.DelayLocalAction(action, 1);
}

and we directly execute UFE.DelayLocalAction(action, 1), it executes with the following error:

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Forward
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <605bf8b31fcb444b85176da963870aa7>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <605bf8b31fcb444b85176da963870aa7>:0)
ControlsScript.Init () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/ControlsScript.cs:118)
UFE._StartGame (System.Single fadeTime) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Manager/UFE.cs:3571)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good morning, after a few hours of analysis and a little coffee, I identified what causes the problem, in fact I don't know if it is classified as a bug, because in fact the problem was caused because a default configuration was modified in the new release.

The configuration itself is the Delay Before going To Next, specifically the prefab TextureConversationBeforeBattleScreen because it is after this that the system preloads all the other prefabs to be able to load the next fight, in this version the parameter was configured as 0, which I believe not giving the system core time to execute the function's delegate. I have the images of the configuration itself but I couldn't find how to attach it here. Although I believe that the text already explains itself.

Hope I helped. Hugs

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down