Topic: Throw move error

"In a Throw Move, sometimes the opponent falls in a different position from the initial one. In my UFE, his position is being reset to the initial one. How do I set UFE to make him not reset? He stands up on the position/location he falls in.

The actual problem is that UFE make us split the full animation in 3...Attempt (catch the opponent), Confirm (make the throw movement) and Reaction (opponent being throwed).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Throw move error

Do you mean after the throw the opponent gets up the wrong way?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Exactly. If imagine if I do a WWE styled suplex making the opponent land on the right side of the screen. The opponent will slide will on the ground to the left side of the screen( his original start spot) and stand up. @yumchagames

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Actually, that sounds more like the issues is you've root motion in your throw reaction and the opponent isn't actually move (they're animation is).

While running the game in the editor, turn on gizmos display in the Game view.  Do the throw and see if you see the opponent's position change with the animation, or if it stays in place while the animation is playing...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My Throw Reaction haven't a Root Motion (the goal is to him stand up where he is) and the original animation  (from FBX file) have animation (including position and rotation movements). The movements are apart of the animations.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can you show a video of what's happening and the issue?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

View My Video

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think the issue is still kind of a root motion one though.  Because it looks like your character's transform isn't being moved during the throw (so stays in place), which then causes UFE to think the position to apply the wake up animation is that spot and not where the character model looks like it is.

Did you try viewing with gizmos on to see if the transforms are actually moving?...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

In "throw confirm" under Opponent override > move to position, is X greater than 0?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

it's best to have it as 1 usually.  I've found anything less gives strange results.  You could have it more, if your reaction animation suited such a distance.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for the help Yum Cha Games. I am still having someone figure this out, bringing in a coder to try to help now.

Thumbs up Thumbs down