Topic: Couple Questions- Knockdowns, On the ground moves, tapping to get up

Got a couple questions here guys:

First, regarding knockdowns and "med"/ "overhead" hits.  I realize the "overhead" is a street fighter style move, but I'm making a virtua fighter/ DOA style game.  H, M, and L attacks.

I just want to double check that a knockdown can be made out of any attack, not just "overhead".  I can knockdown from Low and High as well, yes?

Second,

We are working on a "get up instantly" move.  When a player is knocked down, they can enter a command before their character hits the ground.  When the character hits the ground, they rise instantly, so they can't be attacked by ground attacks, and can block.  The timing to pull off this move would be pretty precise, not something that would happen every time.  Is this possible?

Third,
Getting knocked down, the get up animation can trigger after an amount of time.  Is it possible to have something like "tapping" 5 times or 10 times to get the player to get up faster?  This would not be like the instant get up like above, but more of a frantic button tapping to get the player to rise slightly faster than as if doing nothing.

4th...

Ground moves:  I haven't seen much from the other games using moves from the groun/ knockdown, like in tekken, VF, or DOA.  Rolling fwd and back, rising with a low or high kick - all of this is possible with UFE?

Thanks Guys!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Couple Questions- Knockdowns, On the ground moves, tapping to get up

rosskrachey wrote:

Got a couple questions here guys:

First, regarding knockdowns and "med"/ "overhead" hits.  I realize the "overhead" is a street fighter style move, but I'm making a virtua fighter/ DOA style game.  H, M, and L attacks.

I just want to double check that a knockdown can be made out of any attack, not just "overhead".  I can knockdown from Low and High as well, yes?

Second,

We are working on a "get up instantly" move.  When a player is knocked down, they can enter a command before their character hits the ground.  When the character hits the ground, they rise instantly, so they can't be attacked by ground attacks, and can block.  The timing to pull off this move would be pretty precise, not something that would happen every time.  Is this possible?

Third,
Getting knocked down, the get up animation can trigger after an amount of time.  Is it possible to have something like "tapping" 5 times or 10 times to get the player to get up faster?  This would not be like the instant get up like above, but more of a frantic button tapping to get the player to rise slightly faster than as if doing nothing.

4th...

Ground moves:  I haven't seen much from the other games using moves from the groun/ knockdown, like in tekken, VF, or DOA.  Rolling fwd and back, rising with a low or high kick - all of this is possible with UFE?

Thanks Guys!

Wow, I'm actually using a similar control system (L, M, H, one button for block)!

The 2nd I think ive seen in UFE Global Editor somewhere, ill have to look back and see

The 4th can possibly be done, you could have a move where it's player condition requirements are set to the player being stunned on the floor, just make sure the animation is set up correctly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Couple Questions- Knockdowns, On the ground moves, tapping to get up

1. If you have vertical force on your hurt box, then that effectively makes it a knockdown attack.

2. Twrmois is right, there are options for Quick Stand and Delayed Stand.  However, they placeholders for now until we put the functionality into ControlScripts.  If you have Source, you'll also see a few other variables created for these functions.

3. If you create a move where the command is to tap 5 times, then make sure it's only possible to do when Down, then that should work for your purposes.

4. As above.

Thumbs up Thumbs down