1 (edited by Xerclipse 2015-08-17 09:41:11)

Topic: New here and to the engine

Hello UFE users. I would like to introduce myself. You may call me Xerclipse. I have been a fighting game fan for 5 years. I also have a fighting game in my mind I would like to create. Here is what the basic universal mechanics would be in the game I want to make.

-3d models that look like 2d (like Guilty Gear Xrd)
-Four main attack buttons and one block Button. (LP, HP, LK, HK, BLK)
-A double life bar system. Not the traditional two round system. (Killer instinct life bars)
-Recoverable and permanent damage (with the white life bar behind one of the main life bars)
-Chains and air combos (Im sure the engine has that)
-Instinct mode like meter (Killer Instinct XB1)
-Combo breakers (that require the Instinct meter)
-Last but not least, Fatalities, instant fatalities, and interactable finishers where you mash buttons to kill the opponent. (Yes the game will be rated M for mature.)

Here is an example of a character. He is the first basic character in the game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ixr … boGGw/edit

So I have a few questions.

-Does this handle simultaneous button inputs (like how LP+LK usually is grab)?
-Does it do double life bar system and the recoverable damage? (I don't want the round to reset the players at the middle of the arena)?
-Can you add another meter other than the super meter (like a revenge meter)?
-Lets say you didn't want to add just a meter, can you add icons or numbers that show the limited character specific resources or tools? (Some of the Blazblue characters like Hazama, Bang, and Hakumen had separate meters)
-If players want to see Hitboxes when the game gets released, can they display it to turn it on?
-How customizable is the main menu interface?
-Can players customize their controls at the main menu and at character select?

It sounds ambitious but I would like to know if the engine is capable of doing so? Thanks for your time. I am looking forward to see what you guys make.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: New here and to the engine

Xerclipse wrote:

Hello UFE users. I would like to introduce myself. You may call me Xerclipse. I have been a fighting game fan for 5 years. I also have a fighting game in my mind I would like to create. Here is what the basic universal mechanics would be in the game I want to make.

-3d models that look like 2d (like Guilty Gear Xrd)
-Four main attack buttons and one block Button. (LP, HP, LK, HK, BLK)
-A double life bar system. Not the traditional two round system. (Killer instinct life bars)
-Recoverable and permanent damage (with the white life bar behind one of the main life bars)
-Chains and air combos (Im sure the engine has that)
-Instinct mode like meter (Killer Instinct XB1)
-Combo breakers (that require the Instinct meter)
-Last but not least, Fatalities, instant fatalities, and interactable finishers where you mash buttons to kill the opponent. (Yes the game will be rated M for mature.)

Here is an example of a character. He is the first basic character in the game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ixr … boGGw/edit

So I have a few questions.

-Does this handle simultaneous button inputs (like how LP+LK usually is grab)?
-Does it do double life bar system and the recoverable damage? (I don't want the round to reset the players at the middle of the arena)?
-Can you add another meter other than the super meter (like a revenge meter)?
-Lets say you didn't want to add just a meter, can you add icons or numbers that show the limited character specific resources or tools? (Some of the Blazblue characters like Hazama, Bang, and Hakumen had separate meters)
-If players want to see Hitboxes when the game gets released, can they display it to turn it on?
-How customizable is the main menu interface?
-Can players customize their controls at the main menu and at character select?

It sounds ambitious but I would like to know if the engine is capable of doing so? Thanks for your time. I am looking forward to see what you guys make.

-The Four attack buttons and one block button is possible
-There is a toggle that allows you to have the "Double LifeBar" system you mentioned, I used to use it in my game but not anymore.
-Recoverable and permanent damage (Killer Instinct Xbox One), is not possible right out of the box in UFE. (Not sure if this will be a future feature.
-Chains and Air combos are easy to use in UFE.
-Combo Breakers I've been able to do in my game, but seeing as UFE only has support for one meter (at the moment), it uses a chunk of the one meter to use. There is a way you would have to set up your move to be able to "break combos" however.
-"Interactable Finishers", you could set moves that do not "kill the opponent" that the player would have to mash, and have the final hit kill the opponent (the engine has this labeled as "Hit doesn't kill",) as for there being gore at the end, you could use some blood and gut prefabs, but in the engine there is no built in support to dismember a character. (At the moment.)
-Finishing Moves and Fatalities are not supported out of the box BUT a member has been able to program it into their own UFE game.

-The game has some support for simultaneous button inputs like a grab. Supports grabs and throws quite nicely as well smile
-As I stated above with the double lifebar system, you can also click a single toggle that prevents the players from resetting to the middle of the stage.
-Hitboxes can be seen in the editor, not at runtime/standalone. This could possibly be coded however, and may or may not be in a much later version of UFE.
-In the latest version of UFE the menu can be customized greatly, it uses the new Unity 5 UI.
-Players can customize their controls IF you have cInput installed and imported into your project. If cInput is not installed, players cannot customize their controls ingame.

There are many more features coming soon to UFE, some of which could be very useful for you.
You can check them out here. http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:

-The Four attack buttons and one block button is possible
-There is a toggle that allows you to have the "Double LifeBar" system you mentioned, I used to use it in my game but not anymore.
-Recoverable and permanent damage (Killer Instinct Xbox One), is not possible right out of the box in UFE. (Not sure if this will be a future feature.
-Chains and Air combos are easy to use in UFE.
-Combo Breakers I've been able to do in my game, but seeing as UFE only has support for one meter (at the moment), it uses a chunk of the one meter to use. There is a way you would have to set up your move to be able to "break combos" however.
-"Interactable Finishers", you could set moves that do not "kill the opponent" that the player would have to mash, and have the final hit kill the opponent (the engine has this labeled as "Hit doesn't kill",) as for there being gore at the end, you could use some blood and gut prefabs, but in the engine there is no built in support to dismember a character. (At the moment.)
-Finishing Moves and Fatalities are not supported out of the box BUT a member has been able to program it into their own UFE game.

-The game has some support for simultaneous button inputs like a grab. Supports grabs and throws quite nicely as well smile
-As I stated above with the double lifebar system, you can also click a single toggle that prevents the players from resetting to the middle of the stage.
-Hitboxes can be seen in the editor, not at runtime/standalone. This could possibly be coded however, and may or may not be in a much later version of UFE.
-In the latest version of UFE the menu can be customized greatly, it uses the new Unity 5 UI.
-Players can customize their controls IF you have cInput installed and imported into your project. If cInput is not installed, players cannot customize their controls ingame.

There are many more features coming soon to UFE, some of which could be very useful for you.
You can check them out here. http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures

I just saw the upcoming features. There could be more but I am satisfied with the changes that they are working on. Well for dismembering the character, there could be a way. But I should probably focus on making a good competitive and functioning game before all that violent fashion. Thanks for answering. Seems like I got a lot of work to do.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A small note on recoverable damage.  It's not too hard to mod in, but you will need Source version.

Thumbs up Thumbs down