1 (edited by hollysephiroth 2015-10-11 07:02:48)

Topic: Move cancel effect

Hey sorry to bother but Is there a way for move to not cancel other players move on hit ? Or just let him continue his animation

thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Move cancel effect

hollysephiroth wrote:

Hey sorry to bother but Is there a way for move to not cancel other players move on hit ? Or just let him continue his animation

thanks

I assume you mean e.g. if player one were to punch the second player, but the second player is already doing a kick, that you would want both attacks to come out, and possibly have both players get damaged at the same time?

If that is the case, you could add Armor properties (from Move Editor) to all your attacks that you would want this valid for. (No Coding Required.)

If that's not the case, correct me.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 (edited by hollysephiroth 2015-10-14 13:50:06)

I dont really care about the damage part or trade hits I dont need that  , i need to make moves that dont do damage but just push you and oponent . And on such hit It must not cancel Player 2 animation just push him back .

Armor dosnt help , all my damaging moves are 1 hit KOs so If I armor up all the moves  player hit with deadly hit not pushing hit will just do its animation and then keep standing there .

It kinda looks like a bug .. should player even if armored( with damage absorbtion lowered to 0 ) not fell down after receiving fatal hit ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by Twrmois 2015-10-14 15:08:11)

hollysephiroth wrote:

It kinda looks like a bug .. should player even if armored( with damage absorbtion lowered to 0 ) not fell down after receiving fatal hit ?

If the damage absorb is set to 0 (as shown in http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:armor), the attack should still kill the other player. I have character moves in my project that involve armor absorption and they can still die if a fatal hit is landed, regardless of armor, provided that the damage absorption is not at 100.

Try making sure (double-check) that your move(s) in question do not have "Hit Doesn't Kill" checked in the Active Frames section of the Move Editor.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:
hollysephiroth wrote:

If the damage absorb is set to 0 (as shown in http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:armor), the attack should still kill the other player. I have character moves in my project that involve armor absorption and they can still die if a fatal hit is landed, regardless of armor, provided that the damage absorption is not at 100.

Try making sure (double-check) that your move(s) in question do not have "Hit Doesn't Kill" checked in the Active Frames section of the Move Editor.

I believe his intention is to make an attack that changes the opponent's position without causing a hit effect.

So like, imagine Player 2 is doing a roundhouse kick. Player 1 performs a wind-like attack. The wind-like attack "hits" Player 2, but Player 2 continues his roundhouse animation while being pushed back 2 meters.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:
Twrmois wrote:
hollysephiroth wrote:

I believe his intention is to make an attack that changes the opponent's position without causing a hit effect.

So like, imagine Player 2 is doing a roundhouse kick. Player 1 performs a wind-like attack. The wind-like attack "hits" Player 2, but Player 2 continues his roundhouse animation while being pushed back 2 meters.

You are correct , this is exactly what I intend to do . The bad part is as of now project needs both hits that cause hit effect and cancel other players animation and ones that dont .

So I gues it will take me some time to figure this out

Thumbs up Thumbs down