Topic: Combo voice audio options

I'd like to have the combo count show while it is happening but this combo option cause the announcer to continually repeat the audio for each hit per combo level...

so the announcer is like this:
hits #:
5 "combo"
6 "combo"
7 "combo"
8 "combo"
9 "combo"
10 "super combo"
11 "super combo" etc...

whereas it should be like this:
5 "combo"
10 "Super Combo"

Thx

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Combo voice audio options

Under Global Editor -> GUI Options, unfold Screens and open the template located under BattleGUI. Now under the inspector window unfold "Announcer", then "Combos".

Set the "size" of this array (the amount of combo sound options your game will have) and under each element select the amount of hits and the audio clip that will be triggered.

Note: If you add a space between hit counts, the engine will always trigger the lowest hit count.
Example: If you have an audio clip  for 5 hits and one for 8 hits, and the character scores a 7 hit combo, the 5 hit combo sound will trigger.

These options are somewhat similar to the old Announcer Options from UFE 1.5

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

3 (edited by christougher 2016-02-11 13:19:56)

Right, and I already have those options set up like that but the announcer is repeatedly saying "combo, combo, combo" as each hit lands instead of saying combo once it reaches its threshold. So I guess what I'm saying is I want the announcer to only be triggered at each milestone in the array. Otherwise I'll just stick with having the combo text/announcer triggered at the end of the sequence...

So to explain my settings... under global combo options I have the Display mode set to "Show During Combo" instead of "Show After Combo."  Under my BattleGui my settings for the combo array includes 4 levels with corresponding audio, at 5 is combo, 10 is SuperCombo, 15, Mega Combo and 30 ultracombo.  The hit count shows up like I want to but I don't want the announcer sounding like a broken record as the combo is happening.  I hope that explains it a little better...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ah I c.
Yeah it seems those systems were not thought out to work together. Sorry about that.
I don't have a fix for this problem yet, but as soon as I do I'll post a solution here.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.