Topic: Any way to speed up UFE loading time?

G'day.
Currently, I've only got 5 stages and 12 characters. On Android devices, I'm having to wait between a minute to 2.5 minutes for UFE to load. All my textures are set to the compressed, with no assets truecolor or 16 bit. Only Particle prefabs and character moves are set to preload. Sound effects are set to stream and no audio is in "load into memory".

On PC, no joke, I'm waiting up to 5 minutes for UFE to load in. This is after my other scenes that appear before UFE loads, so I know it isn't the game itself or unity taking time to load.

Can anyone please please shed on light on what causes UFE to take so long to load and also advise on how to reduce the load time?

Thank you
Cheers
Jerrel

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Any way to speed up UFE loading time?

jerreldulay wrote:

G'day.
Currently, I've only got 5 stages and 12 characters. On Android devices, I'm having to wait between a minute to 2.5 minutes for UFE to load. All my textures are set to the compressed, with no assets truecolor or 16 bit. Only Particle prefabs and character moves are set to preload. Sound effects are set to stream and no audio is in "load into memory".

On PC, no joke, I'm waiting up to 5 minutes for UFE to load in. This is after my other scenes that appear before UFE loads, so I know it isn't the game itself or unity taking time to load.

Can anyone please please shed on light on what causes UFE to take so long to load and also advise on how to reduce the load time?

Thank you
Cheers
Jerrel

Have you tried messing around with the texture compression settings, the preload settings, and looking at any image effects you may have on the camera? Also it may or may not be the shaders you have on your characters and such, not entirely sure. My project has 16 characters and about 9 stages, and lots of music. On PC it takes about 30 seconds to load, on Mobile it takes a minute to load.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks for the reply.
All my compression settings are set to compressed>fast, and the majority of my character textures load at 256 resolution, with only a two or three loading at 512. I have no image effects on the camera, and nearly every single shader in the game is set to mobile-bumped diffuse. I did previous have a  number of Substance materials being loaded, and they were set to generate on load. I've since set them to bake and keep, and load time has decreased somewhat, but it still takes a noticeable amount of time.

Thanks again for the input. I'll just have to keep tinkering until I can get load times to be acceptable then but I just don't fully understand what UFE is doing behind the scenes that might be causing the delay.

Cheers
Jerrel

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have a similar problem. On my laptop, it takes approximately 30 seconds and on android, it takes about 2.5 minutes. these are my settings - no shadows, baked lights, particle prefabs, 12 characters and 4 stages ( I even removed bump maps from everything). etc texture compresions, API optimization : subnet, I mean I even took two stages out and still the same results...any suggestions?

I even added mesh baker asset to my stage prefabs and for nothing it will speed up...the first build was 265 MB, and now I got it down to 190. "mortal kombat x which is over a gig takes less than a minute to load.

The good thing about it tho, is that after a long wait, it runs smooth, just takes to long to begin on the splash screen. any suggestions?

Please an thanks
smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd also like to BUMP this thread to see if anyone has ideas on improving load times.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey everyone,

Has anyone found a fix for this? My game took 3 minutes to load with 10 characters, 4 stages, all textures are 512 max, and all of my materials are either Mobile or Legacy.

Thank you,

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Disabling Vertex Compression managed to make the game load faster for my project, not sure if that's a solution for all UFE projects. Give it a try! smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you go under UFE_Config -> Preload Options, and uncheck Warm All Shaders, it will reduce loading time considerably. :-)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down