1 (edited by xFTLxKingPhoenix 2016-07-30 08:52:48)

Topic: Stopping certain moves from being used multiple times in the same comb

My game uses a decent amount of "combo extenders.

My problem is the CPU will abuse the same extender to get infinite combos that I want not to be possible

Basically if you do combo extender A once you can never use it again until the combo ends.

Also I would like to know how to make moves like Mortal Kombat's Spear. Where Scorpion throws the spear it pulls in but if you do it again in the combo he will pull in and then punch them instead of leaving them standing

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Stopping certain moves from being used multiple times in the same comb

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

My game uses a decent amount of "combo extenders.

My problem is the CPU will abuse the same extender to get infinite combos that I want not to be possible

Basically if you do combo extender A once you can never use it again until the combo ends.

Also I would like to know how to make moves like Mortal Kombat's Spear. Where Scorpion throws the spear it pulls in but if you do it again in the combo he will pull in and then punch them instead of leaving them standing

My game uses a similar system, this can be solved with a bunch of duplicates done to your moves (or possibly simpler methods.)
To explain, let me give an example with Scorpion's spear: Say you have the move named "Spear", you execute the move and he uses the spear. If you execute it again, he will do it again, and again, which is what you DON'T want.

To solve this, you would make a clone of the first move (Copy/Paste the move file if on Windows), name it something like "Spear2", or "SpearEnd", and in the Chain Settings of "Spear2", add a Required Move slot, insert "Spear" in there, and in "Spear", go to the Chain Settings and under the links add "Spear2" in there. Make sure both moves are added to the character. Modify "Spear2"'s properties and animation to whatever you want (in this case a pull in and a punch), and the end result will be Scorpion pulling the opponent with the spear, then when inputted again he will pull them in and punch them.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

but does this happen if you

spear then punch Then Spear2

it seems like it only works on Spear to Spear2

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi

I guess you could wait for the next installement of ufe wich will have special gauges per character, and that way you can add some limits to the moves... the other is like Twrmois says, make duplicated versions of your moves so not all of them can chain together again.

in my particular case to stop spaming from the CPU i use the super move gauge to limit certain moves, like hadouken and so, also, you could add more time to your moves recovery animation.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

I Did so much work in my current version of UFE. so i inda dont want to upgrade at all for this project

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

StriderSpinel wrote:

Hi

I guess you could wait for the next installement of ufe wich will have special gauges per character, and that way you can add some limits to the moves... the other is like Twrmois says, make duplicated versions of your moves so not all of them can chain together again.

in my particular case to stop spaming from the CPU i use the super move gauge to limit certain moves, like hadouken and so, also, you could add more time to your moves recovery animation.

Kinda how Eternal Champions did it in the 1990s. Using a meter to limit move performance. But there was a bug where the CPU would exploit the hell out of their specials even with a depleted meter