Topic: Cinematics in story mode using cinema director

Reserving this post to track my progress in combining ufe with cinema director.

Re: Cinematics in story mode using cinema director

I was able to import cinema director without any conflicting namespaces.  So now im on the long journey of figuring out how to call a cutscene prefab before moving to the loading scene before a fight.

3 (edited by immortalfray 2016-09-04 12:49:00)

Holy crap instantiating a cutscene that plays automatically works lol!  Now I just need to tell UFE to wait until the cutscene is over or has been skipped to move to the loading battle screen, then destroy the cutscene prefab.

that's good to know

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by immortalfray 2016-09-04 17:10:07)

This was much easier to implement and code up than I thought it would be.  Cinema director is an excellent plug in for real time cinematics and the code is very easy to read through and manipulate.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnEE3NA … e=youtu.be[/media]

immortalfray wrote:

This was much easier to implement and code up than I thought it would be.  Cinema director is an excellent plug in for real time cinematics and the code is very easy to read through and manipulate.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnEE3NA … e=youtu.be[/media]

Looks fun, sadly i guess the next step is to make it blend immediately to the Fight screen instead of cutting to the loading screen?

Would be interested in seeing what code you had to change for it to work so I can implement it as well.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

7 (edited by immortalfray 2016-09-06 21:22:50)

Im not interested in going that far into it.  I think what I have now will serve my purpose, especially once I finally get to the point of importing the new art/animation assets I have. Also, for legal reasons I dont want to post code from Cinema Director because I had to purchase the license to use it.  If you can show me some screenshots that you have purchased it and have it in your projects Ill walk you through it in private messages.  As far as UFE goes, all I did was modify StoryModeVideoScreen.cs to instantiate a cutscene prefab instead of playing a video file.

I think the next thing I might look into is animating the power guages once the player has filled their guage to the maximum amount.  I was thinking of setting them on fire or something.  Next, I'd like to experiement with having characters play different intros depending on their opponent.

immortalfray wrote:

Im not interested in going that far into it.  I think what I have now will serve my purpose, especially once I finally get to the point of importing the new art/animation assets I have. Also, for legal reasons I dont want to post code from Cinema Director because I had to purchase the license to use it.  If you can show me some screenshots that you have purchased it and have it in your projects Ill walk you through it in private messages.  As far as UFE goes, all I did was modify StoryModeVideoScreen.cs to instantiate a cutscene prefab instead of playing a video file.

Cool. Yeah, PM sent.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This looks interesting. I was going to get this for doing my in game intros, but I have Modo and I can easily animated all of this and pack it into a prefab.