Topic: Implementing Online Play

Hi,

We're trying to implement online play with UFE and we've hit a bit of a snag.  Hoping someone can lead us in the right direction for implementing

As per their statements in the given link, the service type used for network games:- currently UFE 1.x only supports one type: P2P (Player-2-Player connection), but you can create your own Server structure over it using services such asPlayfab andPhoton.
Is there any documentation or link that describes the configuration process of Photon & Playfab into UFE or any other third party server set up service like Gamespark into UFE?
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/global:network

Secondly what parameters should we consider to categories the intellectuality of the Opponent AI in single player mode, if we want to have different characters in the game not only as per their basic parameter values like Hp, Damage Rate etc. but how wisely they fight too. How do we use the fuzzy logic system in the opponent character's AI system as per their level.

Thanks

Jawaad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Implementing Online Play

I too would like to see your progress on this topic

Re: Implementing Online Play

Looking at the code I'm guessing that the only things that need to transfer over the net are the input from both players.  I think.  It looks like everything else is handled locally for both player 1 and player 2 stand alone.  I'm just now learning how online multiplayer works.  I might try to experiment a little before 1.8 is released.