Topic: Newbie

Would  the engine support "playing back" a fight that was created programmatically?

So basically with no user input. I just want to display the results of a fight to the user. Like a simulation.

And does the engine support iOS and Android?

thanks,
v.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Newbie

The first is somewhat possible. The engine supports iOS and Android just perfectly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can you expand on the "somewhat" smile

Is it possible to just fake the user controls for both fighters?

Basically I would have something like this (simple example):

Fighter #1 connects with punch.
(would need to show the punch and a landing animation)

Fighter #1 throws punch and Fighter #2 blocks it
(would need to show the punch and a blocking animation)

thanks for the quick reply.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Somewhat as in: the engine could handle it but it doesn't come out of the box with ease. UFE supports customizing AI and rules for said AI, so it's possible to make e.g. a fight between the AI and the AI with a example you gave in your post.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

But a fight between two AI fighters can not be "scripted"?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by christougher 2016-10-04 14:12:43)

Yes it can be scripted if you are willing to figure out how to do it. There is no built in way to do it with vanilla UFE code.  As is the AI doesn't "cheat" by bypassing input. You may notice in any videos that show the debug controls on the side of the screen that the ai works by feeding the input into the engine the same as us humans have to. So a script that supplies a timed sequence of button presses may be what you are looking for???  Perhaps having both players under player control would be the easiest way to do that. Just a thought from a minimalist non-programmer.

Edit- I don't believe you can simulate keypresses with standard unity.  However you can do it with control freak...

Thumbs up Thumbs down