Topic: deactivate totally cinematic camera moves ?

hello

sorry if this was asked before, couldn't find the info.

i would like to completely deactivate any movement of the camera which zooms-in the game scene
when a character performs impressive movements/hits.

i tried to look around the code without sucess.
should i remove some moves from the list of "tech" moves or something like that ?
or is there a function i could totally comment-out so that my camera makes absolutely NO-ZOOM in the action, never.

thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: deactivate totally cinematic camera moves ?

The cinematic options are built in to the individual moves. If you don't want them you'll probably need to remove them from the moves themselves.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

christougher wrote:

The cinematic options are built in to the individual moves. If you don't want them you'll probably need to remove them from the moves themselves.

thanks for this info.
so my best option would then be to create another camera and show the fight from that one (not impacted by the moves script)

any other suggestions ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Are you still wanting the camera to stay centered between the characters as they move and just not have special cinematic options?  Or are you wanting a completely static camera?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

rather completely static.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by immortalfray 2016-12-17 22:58:55)

psypol wrote:
christougher wrote:

thanks for this info.
so my best option would then be to create another camera and show the fight from that one (not impacted by the moves script)

any other suggestions ?

If you're planning to switch between cameras in a scene, you can build the functionality into a move; Also, you wold have to place the UFE script on an object other than the camera (I've tried it.  UFE controls the active camera with Camera.main).  I haven't tried what you're setting out to do, but my best guess would be two expose that option in MoveEditorWindow.cs and MoveInfo.cs. 

You could then manipulate CameraScript.cs (This script is attached to the "Game" GameObject while UFE is in the "gameRunning" state) or ControlScript.cs(attached to the player objects) to switch between cameras.