1 (edited by Storm87 2021-02-16 23:41:52)

Topic: FYI on crouching parries

IF a opponent attempts low attack, the way to parry it is by hitting down. Problem is UFE only gives 1 option to parry either stand or crouching attacks not both.

In 3rd strike tap forward works for stand/ air, tap down is for lows. cant believe I didnt see this intill now. lol. Just a heads up.

really need a quick fix, really would help. Or at least a point in the right direction. thx in advance

just tested it again, the only way to get crouching parries to work is with a keyboard. you have to hold down and at the same time while holding down, tap forward. Please help hmm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by Storm87 2021-02-17 12:33:23)

Re: FYI on crouching parries

I hate to have to redo game because of this one thing sad  I'm trying to release this thing next week.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ouch. I hadn't done parries yet in my 3S like project otherwise i might have caught this earlier as well.

I wonder if you could some how use the move system and combine it with the new feature to be able to set basic moves to use a move file? Like have a move that does nothing, set it to the parry as a move, then have that move cancel on the first frame into the high parry and another link into the low parry with the requirements for each being the designated parry option?

Just trying to help you brainstorm.

Do you have source as well?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by Storm87 2021-02-18 00:38:11)

yes I have source.

I tried the new feature, but didnt work quite well. By setting up it up as a move it will cancel into the move regardless of what opponent does. It has to have the proper conditions within the code itself. Plus there is nothing in move file to check if opponent is performing a low attack, which would be a quick hack.

lol, none of us caught it for this long. That's crazy. lol it's always something. Thanks for replay.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by Storm87 2021-02-19 01:38:37)

any luck? cant figure this out, later own I'll though in some ideas, of my attempts in source

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by MrPonton 2021-02-20 11:32:33)

I might look into it during this weekend on the discord with mind and others. I know he knows about the issue now. It's not something I think would be a quick fix atm. However, if I or someone else figure something out I'm sure we can share here the result and it will be in the next UFE.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

sounds cool, hopefully we get another quick patch. thx mrPonton as always

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@Mastermind, has this been look into? thx

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I believe I tested crouch parries in 2.5.0 and they work. Let me know if you have any issues with them.

Thumbs up Thumbs down