Topic: PUN2 & UFE2.4 have 25 errors??

Hi, I was looking forward to UFE 2.4.
I tried both of them in new project.
I opened Photon2API package.
but...
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(87,32): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Photon.Realtime.Player' to 'Player'
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(88,32): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Photon.Realtime.Player' to 'Player'
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(89,32): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Photon.Realtime.Player' to 'Player'
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(90,89): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'ActorNumber' and no accessible extension method 'ActorNumber' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(90,117): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'NickName' and no accessible extension method 'NickName' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(90,142): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'IsMasterClient' and no accessible extension method 'IsMasterClient' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(91,84): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'ActorNumber' and no accessible extension method 'ActorNumber' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(91,112): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'NickName' and no accessible extension method 'NickName' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(91,137): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'IsMasterClient' and no accessible extension method 'IsMasterClient' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(92,103): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'NickName' and no accessible extension method 'NickName' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\Code\Editor\PhotonViewInspector.cs(92,128): error CS1061: 'Player' does not contain a definition for 'IsMasterClient' and no accessible extension method 'IsMasterClient' accepting a first argument of type 'Player' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PunTeams.cs(84,30): error CS0115: 'PunTeams.OnPlayerPropertiesUpdate(Player, Hashtable)': no suitable method found to override
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PunTeams.cs(89,30): error CS0115: 'PunTeams.OnPlayerLeftRoom(Player)': no suitable method found to override
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PunTeams.cs(94,30): error CS0115: 'PunTeams.OnPlayerEnteredRoom(Player)': no suitable method found to override
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(146,31): error CS0539: 'PhotonTeamsManager.OnPlayerPropertiesUpdate(Player, Hashtable)' in explicit interface declaration is not found among members of the interface that can be implemented
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(203,31): error CS0539: 'PhotonTeamsManager.OnPlayerLeftRoom(Player)' in explicit interface declaration is not found among members of the interface that can be implemented
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(218,31): error CS0539: 'PhotonTeamsManager.OnPlayerEnteredRoom(Player)' in explicit interface declaration is not found among members of the interface that can be implemented
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(484,31): error CS0539: 'PhotonTeamsManager.OnMasterClientSwitched(Player)' in explicit interface declaration is not found among members of the interface that can be implemented
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(44,77): error CS0535: 'PhotonTeamsManager' does not implement interface member 'IInRoomCallbacks.OnPlayerEnteredRoom(Player)'
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(44,77): error CS0535: 'PhotonTeamsManager' does not implement interface member 'IInRoomCallbacks.OnPlayerLeftRoom(Player)'
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(44,77): error CS0535: 'PhotonTeamsManager' does not implement interface member 'IInRoomCallbacks.OnPlayerPropertiesUpdate(Player, Hashtable)'
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PhotonTeamsManager.cs(44,77): error CS0535: 'PhotonTeamsManager' does not implement interface member 'IInRoomCallbacks.OnMasterClientSwitched(Player)'
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PlayerNumbering.cs(99,30): error CS0115: 'PlayerNumbering.OnPlayerEnteredRoom(Player)': no suitable method found to override
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PlayerNumbering.cs(104,30): error CS0115: 'PlayerNumbering.OnPlayerLeftRoom(Player)': no suitable method found to override
Assets\Photon\PhotonUnityNetworking\UtilityScripts\PhotonPlayer\PlayerNumbering.cs(109,30): error CS0115: 'PlayerNumbering.OnPlayerPropertiesUpdate(Player, Hashtable)': no suitable method found to override

25 errors.

The moment I put in UFE2, it gave me an error, so I thought there must be a problem with UFE2...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: PUN2 & UFE2.4 have 25 errors??

Seems to me you either have both Photon Network 1 and 2 in the same project.
First, make sure you remove PUN1 completely (including files under the Plugin folder), then make sure you install the correct version of PUN2:
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t … ree-119922

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I seem to be having those 25 errors as well after I added PUN2. I imported both PUN2 and latest UFE pro in an empty project without PUN1. I am using UFE Pro and Unity 2020.2.0. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by hacuraven 2021-02-10 18:02:20)

I didn't import Photon Network 1, try only PUN2&UFE2.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Guys any update on this

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello guys I am under a deadline, Can someone please help me with this pun2 issue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm working on it.

For those who have the Source version of UFE, delete the file "Player.cs" under "Engine\Scripts\Definitions\Global\Enum" and it should fix it.
This file is from WIP features and accidently got imported into the released product.

UFE 2.4.1 should be ready to download on Payhip tomorrow and in a few days on the Asset Store.

Hello,

I tried both 2.4 and 2.4.1 and there are many errors after upgrade. I don't have the Source version. What can I do?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

satrakidol wrote:

Hello,

I tried both 2.4 and 2.4.1 and there are many errors after upgrade. I don't have the Source version. What can I do?

Can you be more specific?

Yes of course! Just to clarify, those errors appear after updating my project

Assets\UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultNetworkScreen.cs(5,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkGameScreen' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultNetworkScreen.cs(18,15): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InputReferences' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultNetworkScreen.cs(19,15): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InputReferences' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultNetworkScreen.cs(20,15): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InputReferences' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultNetworkScreen.cs(21,15): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'InputReferences' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\UFE\Engine\Scripts\UI_Templates\DefaultNetworkScreen.cs(37,23): error CS0115: 'DefaultNetworkScreen.OnShow()': no suitable method found to override

warnings
There are 2 event systems in the scene. Please ensure there is always exactly one event system in the scene
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at G:/Unity/2020.2.4f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:393)

I didn't add any other than the by default one of UFE

I have the standart version.

I will remain at your desposal.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How exactly are you updating your UFE files?
From the errors it looks to me like you did not update the files under UI_Templates.
One of the changes on UFE 2.4.1 was to encapsulate UFE classes into UFE3D namespace. That means files like DefaultNetworkScreen.cs should have a line like this (right around the beginning of the file):

using UFE3D;

Notice the errors are saying "namespace name NetworkGameScreen could not be found", meaning its trying to find that class but it can't because its now encapsulated under UFE3D.

The solution is to either correctly update your UFE files (http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog … _ufe_build) or manually fix files with these errors by adding the line above at the beginning of the file(s).

PS: All files from that folder are open source regardless of the version of UFE you are using.

Thank you for your answer.

My mistake was that after I updated the engine from Package Manager I taped on the import button.

Now, I'm trying to do the correct procedure to a different backup of my project, but it shows only the import button since it is already updated.

How can I do it now with the automatic way?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have opened a new project and imported both the latest UFE pro and PUN2 free, but i still see those 25 errors

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello Guys any update regarding this? If we import all the latest versions it is supposed to work right

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

Hello,

I believe I found the solution to that.

I make a copy of my project and I deleted the UFE file from the project.

And then I imported the new version. I don't know if we have the exact same issue, but my errors dissapeared.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Take a look at this post, see if helps:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … 291#p10291

I think we are getting confused between upgrading and not working with PUN2.

Please add UFE pro in an empty project without PUN1 with the latest version of Unity and as soon as you add PUN2 you will see those 25 errors.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

devisingh0001 wrote:

I think we are getting confused between upgrading and not working with PUN2.

Please add UFE pro in an empty project without PUN1 with the latest version of Unity and as soon as you add PUN2 you will see those 25 errors.

I just downloaded UFE PRO 2.4.1 from the Asset Store and tested with PUN2. Everything works with no errors.

Please read the conversations around the topic. The link I referred to (http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … 291#p10291) is related to a bug with Unity's package manager where your local package file didn't update from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1.

Twrmois wrote:

There is a small bug with the package manager where it won't update assets you own but will claim you are on the latest version.

20 (edited by Storm87 2021-02-21 12:07:19)

Everything worked fine for me as well

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

21 (edited by devisingh0001 2021-02-22 12:49:55)

Thanks a lot. I managed to get the PUN2 without errors. But now I see some missing screens in the GUI options in the Network Mode. Random match, Bluetooth host and bluetooth join game. Is that something we have to implement on our own?

I am trying to drag the RandomMatchPrefab in the Random Match option but it does not let me.
Can you please help me get the online working with PUN2

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Does everyone have the issue of missing screens in the online mode after updating to the latest version with PUN2. Can someone please help

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I had to reselect my character select after upgrading. You probably have to do so as well since Unity acts weird with upgrades sometimes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Under Global Editor -> GUI Options, unfold the Screens menu and look for the screens that are missing.
Now, under your project tab, go to "Demos\Shared_Assets\GUI\UI_Prefabs\", look for the missing screens and attach them to the indicated panels.
https://i.ibb.co/gjVyjYP/Screenshot-2021-02-23-214413.jpg

I am unable to make the host game and the network room match screens work in the pro version. Can you please check the same in the pro version. They don't seem to work even after attaching. Few bluetooth screens cannot be found to attach.

Thumbs up Thumbs down