Topic: Error, UFE gradually slowing

i know i messed up something, but just don't know what.
i was working in a move (just making it's hurt boxes bigger) and then when i started testing it, unity gradually turned slower and very lagish, A LOT... so much i couldn't even stop the game. only after a while i could stop the game...

and don't know what's going on.

all the other characters work fine, but mine just isn't.

some parameter is not suppose to be the way it is, but i just don't know how.

everything seems fine and the console is not throwing any error.

HELP!

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: Error, UFE gradually slowing

Hmm, I haven't seen that exact issue yet.  However, I have experienced the odd strange behaviour when creating a new move.

I think the problem is partially Unity, something about how it saves assets and such.  UFE needs to save assets quite a lot, and I think that might be what causes issues like this.  My advice is to quit out of Unity as soon as you can, restart it and hope that you haven't lost anything (to confirm assets are saving ok; maybe check the last move you created).  Then, if it's all good, restart your machine completely and hope that clears any cache issues and such.

I've had issues where assets names aren't saved upon quitting out.  I usually delete the asset, restart Unity and try creating it again.  In your case, I would recommend deleting the offending move file, restarting Unity and try creating it again.  Something might have corrupted it during its write process, which might be causing the slowdown.

Hope that helps!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Error, UFE gradually slowing

alright... i had a backup from a dropbox shared folder... i used an old asset for that move (was an old move, i just wanted to make bigger it's hurt box) and everthing is alright now... don't know what it was, but i think the file corrupted somehow.

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.