1 (edited by BlankMauser 2021-05-10 13:04:40)

Topic: Low Launching Attack Hitboxes Not Appearing

This seems to happen very specifically with low attacks that can launch (Apply Y Force).  If I hit with a low attack that launches, and I try to do the attack again, the hitboxes seem to detach entirely. Here you can see the hitboxes spawn at the center of the stage:

https://i.gyazo.com/b4faaf11f44602b36c7fe3a8d81c8b87.png

At first I thought this had something to do with mistaken ground bounce mechanics, but no matter what settings I set for ground bounce this still occurs. This also occurs if you do any attack after a sweep.

I'd like to have low attacks that launch but if I can't I guess I'll let players combo the low attack into a launch. This is just a bug report.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Low Launching Attack Hitboxes Not Appearing

Not sure what'd be causing it, but normally if something spawns at 0,0,0 then it didn't have a reference point/position to spawn to - for some reason.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

They might be linking to non-existing hitboxes. Double check the move and which hitboxes its referring to under Hit -> Hurt Boxes.
Also, make sure the hitboxes are all correctly linked to a rig.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

The hitboxes all work correctly. This only happens under the conditions I specified:

1) I do a "Low" hitting attack that has a Y Force. If I try to do the same attack a second time while the opponent is still in hitstun, this happens. This does NOT happen if I change the same exact move to have no Y force.

2) I change the attack to "sweep". This has the added effect of any move I link into having their hitboxes disappear like this also. Again, these are moves that work under normal conditions.

Thumbs up Thumbs down