Topic: Reset Cooldown On-Landing toggle

While I believe this would be fairly easy to code in for a move if you've got source, I think it would be pretty neat to have a toggle close to or underneath the "Execution Cooldown" or "Cancel Move On Landing" toggles to remove the execution cooldown upon landing.

This would be useful for say, a character that has an airdash move that the dev only wants them to be able to use once in midair. Whether that be canceling it out of a move or in neutral, but not both!

Normally if you set a cooldown for an air move, it won't reset upon landing. This can cause issues such as not being able to use it again if the player lands, jumps again and uses the move too soon. Having a toggle that resets the cooldown timer to 0 on landing would solve this minor issue of feeling clunky.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Reset Cooldown On-Landing toggle

Good suggestion, could help in certain use cases.
Regarding airdash type moves, you can set it to where the air dash move lasts through the entire airborne duration until landing. Make it to where the air dash move chains into itself and set the startup frame later in the animation.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Reset Cooldown On-Landing toggle

FreedTerror wrote:

Good suggestion, could help in certain use cases.
Regarding airdash type moves, you can set it to where the air dash move lasts through the entire airborne duration until landing. Make it to where the air dash move chains into itself and set the startup frame later in the animation.

I just wanted to respond to this since I stumbled across a different solution for airdash-type moves, which was to chain it into a "falling" move. This move's able to chain into all the other air-ok moves except the airdash-type move. Seems to be working pretty good so far for me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down