Topic: Custom Hit Animations

Hi all,

Trying to find out how to use the custom hit clips that you can assign, I want to have different hit animations for specific attacks.
But there seems no way to activate or use them, at the active frames/override hit animations section you can only choose all the regular animations but the custom hit animations doesn’t seem to appear in the list.

Is there maybe something I’m missing?

Thanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Custom Hit Animations

You can try using Opponent Override(a separate move file for the enemy)so you can have more control with its animation.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi thanks for your reply, I actually all ready tried that, the problem is the opponent will execute the hit animations everytime the player does the attack move even when it’s not hitting. It’s possible to do it this way but you have to make a lot of extra move files and player/opponent states which makes it really hard to implement.

Since there are custom hit clip slots available there should be a easier way to do this?

Just can’t find the way to use the custom animations….

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Have you tried Active Frames->Hit Strength? I personally haven't tried using it in my game but I think it's tied to Main Config->Hit Effects Options.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yes… it’s indeed tied to main config, so that one is only for particle fx and sounds etc, seems like we’re still overlooking something.. must be a place where you can use those custom hit animations. Been searching for hours still can't find it…

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You’re right! It’s the hit strength option at the active frames section! It automatically assigns the custom hit animations aswell smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

please has anyone been able to get this to work ? i  tried adding animations to custom hit clip under the standing hit reactions . and and using the same clip custom hit in the move / hit type / hit strenght but doesnt seem to play the animation

Thumbs up Thumbs down