Topic: Animation Basics: Apply Animations to Other Models

I would like to reuse some of the animations from the UFE2 demo for custom characters.
However, some animations will not work with some characters. I am able to use animations from Mixamo.

I noticed some animations start with "Bip##" and others with "Animator." Also, some animations are designed for 30fps, others 60fps.

When I drag some characters to the animation preview, they do not move. Other characters will work.

Obviously, this is a beginner question - please let me know if it is easy to covert one animation for use with another character rig it was not necessarily designed for. Also, what is a good way to edit the existing animations? Could I import the .anim file to blender?

Thank you.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Animation Basics: Apply Animations to Other Models

Make sure the character has the correct avatar in the animator component.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks. But could you please recommend a process to convert the animation for a new avatar? Is there a way to achieve this without remaking the entire animation from scratch?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

every character except mike from the demo can have thier anims reused

make sure you set the correct animator for you model

and that your model is set to humanoid

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down