101 (edited by devop15 2015-05-20 01:58:35)

Re: UFE 1.6 News

Guys,

What about networking? When can we expect full network support? Can someone please answer?

Best regards,
Johannes

Thumbs up Thumbs down

devop15 wrote:

Guys,

What about networking? When can we expect full network support? Can someone please answer?

Best regards,
Johannes

From MMind:

http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1780#p1780

Mistermind wrote:
devop15 wrote:

About the networking: will it be based on native Unity Networking or something else? And again, networking is in Other (Major Features). Are these features for v1.6 or later? If networking is coming later, when approximately?

We have a lot of news about Networking, but its still needs some more heavy testing. We might need a few extra weeks on that.
The first build of the network support is native and P2P only. It will be available for free for those who purchased the Fuzzy A.I. addon or UFE Bundle.

Later there is a good chance we will start offering server support, but I cannot share any more details at the moment.

Stay tuned as I'll soon make an official 1.6 post.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

drraed wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:

Within our Story Mode, there are some functions we've added to assist with unlockable characters.  The exact conditions for unlocking will be up to you though, so there will be some minor coding required.

AWESOME!!!

Hi,
Trying to find this function but no luck. Could someone please point me to the right direction?

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

why do the Pro users always have to wait so long for the updates? we are dying to use too, super NOT FAIR just because we dint get the source or the bundle that we must endure the longest wait (even longer then the last update), while the others get to continue their games, the 4.5 wont even work with unity 5, so its been months, waiting for this, all customers should have equal access to the updates,

Thumbs up −2 Thumbs down

22media wrote:

why do the Pro users always have to wait so long for the updates? we are dying to use too, super NOT FAIR just because we dint get the source or the bundle that we must endure the longest wait (even longer then the last update), while the others get to continue their games, the 4.5 wont even work with unity 5, so its been months, waiting for this, all customers should have equal access to the updates,

We already released the PRO version. You can follow the approval process (by Unity, not me) here:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=359

"Pending Approval" means they are reviewing our product.

And btw, Unity has just sent an email saying the product was approved. It should be updated on the asset store any minute now.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:

We have a lot of news about Networking, but its still needs some more heavy testing. We might need a few extra weeks on that.
The first build of the network support is native and P2P only. It will be available for free for those who purchased the Fuzzy A.I. addon or UFE Bundle.
656173746572206567673a2043616e20796f752066696e6420746865206e6574776f726b2073637265656e73686f743f

Obviously the networking is in high demand, and I understand the reason for delaying and testing. I was curious if you were planning on distributing the P2P update prior to the server side option?

I hate to add to the countless requests for networking updates, but it's quite the game changer.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down