Topic: Can it work with 2D / Spine characters?

Hi, I'd like to purchase this and use it with 2D characters built in Spine, is it possible? 

Thanks,
Yohami

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Can it work with 2D / Spine characters?

I'm not familiar with how Spine exports to Unity.  If they are using Unity's animation system, and if they use a hierarchy of transforms to control character movement, then it might be possible to use those transforms for your hitbox setup.

See this 2D experiment for information on the theory behind using 2D visuals.

EDIT:  I just read some more about Spine.  It looks like the Spine skeleton is just a GameObject (and "can be used throughout Unity like any other GameObject").  This means that as far as generating hitboxes goes, it should be possible. 

So, the only question now is how they control animation (does Spine use Unity's Animation component, or their own plugin/runtime to do so)?  As you'll need either Legacy or Mecanim animation support to be used with UFE.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,

Just thought I would see if anyone had used Spine with this and I cam across this post. So Spine can generate a Mecanim controller to control the animations for the character. If this is what you need for UFE then I think it would work! Alternatively you can also "bake" the animations into actual unity animations, which should work as well.

I have been interested in this since its release, but more for 2D games. Would be good to see if anyone gets this working, I have Spine but dont have this pack yet.

Adam

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Adam, I still didnt give it a try. Please report what you find

Thumbs up Thumbs down